What is this? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > What is this?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 03-31-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
YJeeper89
1999 XJ Cherokee 

What is this?

Had my XJ out on the trail friday night and got sucked into a rut that made me take on about a foot of water to my passenger side. Yeserday after turning off my ignition, i started to walk away and started hearing a loud buzzing coming from inside under the dash. I removed the kick plate covering where the soind was coming from and found,im guessing, is a relay that was spazzing out, i just unplugged it and plugged it back in. Then today after returning home from a get-together with family i figured i would check on my jeep to see how the smell was. Thay when i discovered that the battery had died overnight due to the headlight relay sticking. After i jumped it, i took it for a short drive and as soon as i got bqck home to go inside i hear the buzzing sound again, coming from the same place as the day before. Here are some pictures to help give a clearer view of where/what it is. In the pictures, it is the one unplugged.

[QUOTE=Necromancer_tat;11926317]Don't hate on 16 year olds with 3 inch body lifts and 31's, they're out having the time of their life in their Jeeps![/QUOTE]
YJeeper89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
YJeeper89
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Here are the pics
image-2982191250.jpg   image-2657868414.jpg   image-3637281231.jpg  

[QUOTE=Necromancer_tat;11926317]Don't hate on 16 year olds with 3 inch body lifts and 31's, they're out having the time of their life in their Jeeps![/QUOTE]
YJeeper89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Headlight Delay Module. Shuts off your headlights 30 seconds after the ignition is shut off.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.