Weekend adventure (long post) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Weekend adventure (long post)

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-10-2004, 06:48 AM   #1
98SportDrvr
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Weekend adventure (long post)

ive been gone for a couple days, well since last thursday to be exact. late wed afternoon me and a budy decided we were going weelin and mudding for the weekend. We left with just my jeep on the way up to tenn. it was a great ride with no doors and the crisp mountain air blowin through the jeep. before we left ga we knew of a little place to play around in. it was fun and there is a big incline at the end of it and i said screw it and floored it up it. i ended up getting a couple feet of air with no tires touching, and slamed down on the ground. now my jeep was sitting cockeyed. got out and found out i had turned one of the springs halfway around,and the bolt that connects the top of the quick disconnect to the swaybar had stripped itself completly. next i drove up to UT in chatanooga and fixed her. my buddy made a few calls and he got his 78 GMC k-5 bonnanza out of storage. god damn thats one big beast with a built 350 and 4barrel carb. we hit the trails near signal mountain tenn and were having a great time when i floored my baby to get through a very deep and muddy pit. bad idea, i shoulda taken the left side not the right. i was stuck at about a 50* angle sittin on two weels and my diff. had to leave it because my towstrap was on 30 feet long and i needed one longer because of the mudd before where i was stuck was too much for someone to get in and pull me out. the next day we got me out with some extra equipment i got in town. then we played around for the next two days. the rocks and trails out there are awsome. great challenges and lots of mud. especially for my 2wd beast. well the only bad thing about this weekend was on my way home yesterday i noticed she was swaying more than nomal commmin down I75 S, even with the swaybars removed. stopped to get gas and noticed the rear shock mount on driverside on the axle was ripped off. the origional facory welds had ripped off completly. to top this off while cleaning out the gear from my jeep today at my apartment on campus i put my digital camera on top of the jeep and took some stuff inside. i came back outside and it was gone. WTF someone stole my 400 dollar digital camera with my back turned for 4 minutes. besides that this weekened was the best weelin weekend i have had yet, minus the carnage. damn if i am not surprised all the stuff my 2wd baby went through that none of the people we met thought i would get through.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.