Water outlet problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Water outlet problem

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
IKN0WKUNGFU
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Water outlet problem

So I cracked my old water outlet replacing the thermostat recently. I was given the stock 87 outlet and then attempted to put it on, but if I did it would hit the serpentine belt and burn a hole through it. :C

As seen here (Pardon the mess the engine needs a steam clean)

So they matched this the old one i took off the engine

With this one that is new the belongs to of all things a Grand Cherokee from 92. but there is a problem with that extra threaded hole.

So do I just go buy a bolt and cut it down, slap some white piping lock that you use in home faucets and stuff and call it good? or is there a exact replacement part?

Unread 07-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
skyway0018746
2000 XJ Cherokee 

thats a pipe thread. you can eather go and get the right size pipe plug or but the sensor for 92 grand cherokee. or put in your own temp gauge.
no matter which way you do it use teflon tape.
Unread 07-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
IKN0WKUNGFU
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Ok a pipe plug sounds good I see no reason to move my temp gauge as it still works.

Cheers mate.

Tags
cherokee , thermostat housing

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.