voltage reg problems????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > voltage reg problems?????

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-20-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
lapaz_jeep

voltage reg problems?????

Hi,

It's a 97 jeep cherokee 4.0. The voltage meter starts out at 14 when the engine is started, then moves to 16-17 then to 19+ (needle maxed out) and all dash lights come on ABS, check engine, check gages, bla bla.
I changed the Alt. and swaped the battery and still the same.
Any suggestions?

-r

lapaz_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
csfiend
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapaz_jeep
Hi,

It's a 97 jeep cherokee 4.0. The voltage meter starts out at 14 when the engine is started, then moves to 16-17 then to 19+ (needle maxed out) and all dash lights come on ABS, check engine, check gages, bla bla.
I changed the Alt. and swaped the battery and still the same.
Any suggestions?

-r
isn't the voltage regulator part of the ECU? or is that only in 96 and older?
csfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:32 PM   #3
QuadEyedXJ

had the same issue with my 96. Changed the ground from the bat to the frame and cleaned frame where ground wire went all good.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.