Vibes... T-case... 97+... Rusty's????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Vibes... T-case... 97+... Rusty's?????

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-13-2002, 11:59 AM   #1
Bill and his XJ

Vibes... T-case... 97+... Rusty's?????

Does anybody know if it makes a difference which T-case you have? I'm planning on a Rusty's 3" for my 99' Limited and I have the T-case with Full time 4wd. Just curious, because Rustys doesn't even include a T-case drop with here 3" when they do at 4.5". Also, anyone know and e-mail address for Rustys? I can't find one anywhere on there site!

Thanks Ya'll.

Bill and his XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2002, 01:25 PM   #2
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Better off just to call Rusty. Many times he is the one who actually answers the phone.

For a t-case drop, I can't think of a reason why it would matter which transfer case you have. But it will matter if you are installing a SYE using a kit that replaces the output shaft. No problem with the RE SYE however - just hack it off Seriously though, if you get vibes, I would recommend a SYE over a transfer case drop.

EricsXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2002, 01:43 AM   #3
cladinshadow

is the transfer case drop even worth using? Doesn't it hurt the angle on the front driveshaft? I have mine w/ my RE 4.5" but I dont know if I even want to install it.

"Oh, thank god. It's some sort of rescue toaster."
cladinshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2002, 02:24 AM   #4
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I don't think the front driveshaft is affected that much. I've heard transfer case drops are bad mainly because it is pulling the transmission and engine down a bit at an angle so it puts stress on the mounts.

I can't give any personal experience with using a transfer case drop but lots of people do use them. Rusty's also sells a crossmember that has a t-case drop built in without giving up any clearance like you do with a normal transfer case drop. Either way the best option is a SYE.

clad, I sold the transfer case drop that came with my kit to someone else on the board (for cheap). Since you are doing the whole 4x4 conversion and you need a different length driveshaft and all, have you considered getting a CV driveshaft and SYE from the start? I don't see any sense in creating a stock driveline when it may give you problems.

EricsXJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.