Using a spacer and a drop shackle to get an extra inch out of my lift, is that ok? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Using a spacer and a drop shackle to get an extra inch out of my lift, is that ok?

Flowmaster Discount Code! Thank you JeepForum Members!!!!!Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!

Unread 05-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
Xride

Using a spacer and a drop shackle to get an extra inch out of my lift, is that ok?

Have the Old man EMU lift, and want an extra inch or so, is there any reason not to just use a spacer up front and a list shackle in the rear? Is there a better way without new springs and leaf springs?
I have adjustable control arms, track bar, and a SYE already.

Thanks,

Unread 05-18-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Spacer and shackle lift is fairly common and not too bad for an extra inch or so of adjustment.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
Congratulations Spokes as our August COTM!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #3
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

For an inch, sure. Shackle angle gets bad in the stock location if you go up to a 2" shackle without relocating them though.
Unread 05-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
Xride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
For an inch, sure. Shackle angle gets bad in the stock location if you go up to a 2" shackle without relocating them though.
Probably worth tossing the relocation in there then eh?
For some reason I thought doing the relocation bracket needed to be welded but google seems to have a couple bolt in options
Unread 05-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #5
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xride View Post
Probably worth tossing the relocation in there then eh?
For some reason I thought doing the relocation bracket needed to be welded but google seems to have a couple bolt in options
They typically add some lift as well though, something to be aware of. If you're just looking for an extra inch then a 1" shackle should be fine.
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

1-2" dog leg lift shackles work well, and have acceptable shackle angles and a full range of travel.

I prefer JKS - http://www.quadratec.com/products/16009_130.htm

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.