Upgrade - Upgrade or swap out? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Upgrade - Upgrade or swap out?

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 01-18-2007, 01:24 AM   #1
jborie

Upgrade - Upgrade or swap out?

So,
Currently my 97 xj is running a RE 4.5" kit with add a leafs, with brand new street-lock black rims and new 32/11.5/r15's. Looks like I will be attempting to either upgrade my suspension to something more like a 6.5-8" suspension lift and upgrade to 35/12.5/r15 tires. My dilema is whether to upgrade my current suspension with REs 5.5" brackets and either a 2" spacer or an ACOS and new spring packs in the rear or do I just sell off my used suspension and go with something completely new like a full-traction 6.5 long arm kit?

Any input or suggestions about what I should do? Would it be easy to sell of that suspension and those tires and rims or should I just upgrade what I have and just try to sell the tires? Anyone out there interested in a used suspension system and wheels and tires in southern CA?

Thanks

jborie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.