Uni strap to u-bolt upgrade done - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Uni strap to u-bolt upgrade done

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-09-2006, 05:55 PM   #16
Rock Kustoms

i have those same staps in my 44's, never had an issue with them, beatin the piss outta it

Rock Kustoms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #17
bassicrob

I was looking into this sometime back when I managed to strip the head off one the bolts securing the strap. I bought a number of u-bolts from the HELP! section and couldn't get enough clearance at the rear of the yoke. Everything I found online regarding this 'mod' was for a D35 or D44. Were the yokes different with the 27 and 29 spline 8.25?? Would've saved me some bucks. I ended up replacing the yoke. :
Proud Survivor of a Rollover!! :) Flip & Roll Club Member #2

[B]Daily Driver:[/B] 2006 Volvo S40
[URL=http://www.longislandjeepers.com/gallery/BassicRobs-93-XJ]PICS[/URL]
[url]www.photograph-ny.com[/url]
bassicrob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2006, 10:01 PM   #18
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassicrob
I was looking into this sometime back when I managed to strip the head off one the bolts securing the strap. I bought a number of u-bolts from the HELP! section and couldn't get enough clearance at the rear of the yoke. Everything I found online regarding this 'mod' was for a D35 or D44. Were the yokes different with the 27 and 29 spline 8.25?? Would've saved me some bucks. I ended up replacing the yoke. :

Thats weird? I only saw 2 diffrent sizes, maybe my HELP section blows, hahah. But anyway, I didn't have any issues with clearance though. You can see in the pics there I had more then enough room to put the nuts on. Were your u-bolts extra long or something? And I think the 27 and 29 have identical yoke part#s.
Unread 01-10-2006, 07:41 PM   #19
bassicrob

missing that first step must've been my problem
Proud Survivor of a Rollover!! :) Flip & Roll Club Member #2

[B]Daily Driver:[/B] 2006 Volvo S40
[URL=http://www.longislandjeepers.com/gallery/BassicRobs-93-XJ]PICS[/URL]
[url]www.photograph-ny.com[/url]
bassicrob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2006, 07:20 PM   #20
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassicrob
missing that first step must've been my problem
ah That is key
Unread 05-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #21
Grand Fan 4eva

I know this is pretty old... Has anyone else done this since? Yesterday I picked up a pair of u-bolts to use on my '00 8.25 (neapco 1-0089) and they fit the u-joint like a glove, but they look too narrow to fit the yoke properly. In other words, the U is too tight, and the ends are too close together to go into the holes in the yoke unless I bend the u bolts further apart or drill over sized holes in the yoke. Anybody have this problem?

'97 XJ ~5" / 33 trxus / RK 3-link / FOA 12" CO's
'00 XJ Stock DD
'68 M715
'98 5.9 Limited
Grand Fan 4eva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #22
stevemongr
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Fan 4eva View Post
I know this is pretty old... Has anyone else done this since? Yesterday I picked up a pair of u-bolts to use on my '00 8.25 (neapco 1-0089) and they fit the u-joint like a glove, but they look too narrow to fit the yoke properly. In other words, the U is too tight, and the ends are too close together to go into the holes in the yoke unless I bend the u bolts further apart or drill over sized holes in the yoke. Anybody have this problem?
Try this from IronRock;
http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...tegory_Code=UP
stevemongr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.