Underside armor stages for newb - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Underside armor stages for newb

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
Redshirt
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Underside armor stages for newb

I am looking to protect the underside of my XJ from rocks, stumps, etc. Which is the most vulnerable and needs protection first if going in stages? We're talking moderate wheeling to test the limits of my stock Jeep before deciding on a lift / tire combination for the future. During this time, I want to make sure I'm limiting underside damage.

Looking for middle of the road do-it-yourself bolt on protection. So far I have seen skid plates, tranfer case protection, diff covers, etc. Hard to know where to start...

From the communities view point and personal experience, what would the most important pieces of armor down to the least be for an XJ? There isn't a number limit to this and my hope is not to endorse one armor company over another but it would be very helpful to know what everyone here uses or recommends and who makes good/bad pieces. And you don't need to stick to underside armor if there's some other piece of hardware that you think is more important.

1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. ?
10. ?

Thanks!

Redshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

You need safe and secure recovery points such as tow hooks and a Class III receiver hitch, a gas tank skid, and a transfer case skid. All of these can be found in the junkyard for a reasonable price.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.