Underhood engine compartment light Mod - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 Old 08-24-2012, 12:13 PM
robinz
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
As long as the housing and LEDS are up to, it should be OK. So, if you slam on the brakes, does it blink?
The answer to this is the same for "when you close the fridge door, does the light go out" question. Thanks again Azzy for your exemplary customer service for my recent purchase of your gauge kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haolepinoy View Post
...but with a regular, manual flip switch rather than the mercury deal.
I'm presently doing similar. I had to pull my stock light because of my MAC surge tank and needed a replacement. The mercury switch is a novel ideal but I am using a lamp switch to control. I ordered these lights from a Chinese eBay seller last week and should have installed within a couple of weeks;
http://tinyurl.com/8umneqe

1990 XJ 4.0L I6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 08-24-2012, 03:28 PM
cpttuna
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Just another idea. Get an old tractor light bulb. Cut a clorux bottle so that the bulb will fit in the top part(keep the handle) after you wire it and have run the wires through the top and insured it works, silicone the light in place. You can either use battery clamps and hook it to the battery or a plug and use the cigar lighter socket for power.
post #18 of 21 Old 09-01-2012, 10:34 PM
robinz
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinz View Post
... I ordered these lights from a Chinese eBay seller last week and should have installed within a couple of weeks; http://tinyurl.com/8umneqe
Installed the light. I mounted it on a bracket so that it would clear anything in the engine bay. Works pretty good;

1990 XJ 4.0L I6
post #19 of 21 Old 09-02-2012, 03:14 AM
DaddySS

Very nice and good thinking!
post #20 of 21 Old 09-02-2012, 03:38 AM
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Another project added to the list, this is a good mod. My underhood light is fried. Started smoking one night and I never hooked it up again.
post #21 of 21 Old 07-13-2013, 10:18 AM
1999xjguy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

My light was broken, thinking about the LED upgrade, now a year later, how are your LED's holding up? Thanks for your time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.