Turn signals only work with headlight off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Turn signals only work with headlight off

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
brody1124
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Turn signals only work with headlight off

OK so I have this problem i cannot figure out. Recently since winter hit i have been driving my jeep more. I have noticed that my blinkers work fine with no problems. When i turn on my running lights and headlights they do not work. They light up but do not blink. I have checked the lights and the only light i have out is the rear brake light. That will be fixed in the morning. So any ideas on what it could be, what I should check?

One other question. My blinkers flash about every 3 seconds when i have them on. Is that slow for them?

The jeep i have is a 1990 Cherokee pioneer.

Once again thanks in advance for any help.

brody1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 01:11 AM   #2
holysirsalad
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Very very slow.

1990 has a lot of interesting quirks, take a gander through here, I'm sure you'll find a connector or ground refreshing that will help: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f140/...-tips-1304879/

If not it's excellent preventative maintenance.
holysirsalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
brody1124
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks...that helped a lot. Was able to get it all working again.
brody1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
holysirsalad
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Great to hear!
holysirsalad is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.