turn signals not working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > turn signals not working

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-08-2006, 08:09 PM   #1
cardana24

turn signals not working

Well I picked up my 85 xj this weekend. It has a 2.8 V6 and a five speed manual transmission. The problem is the turn signals are not working. When I went to get the jeep it was flooding in the area and the guy I bought it from told me he drove it in the flooded roads and the driver side floor board got wet...so I have been drying that out. The wierd thing is that the hazards work but none of the turn signals do. I do not hear the rymithic ticking you normally hear with a turn signal when its on, and the lights on the dash to not light up to indicate which way you are turning. The fuse box got wet when the guy drove it thru water so I figured it may be the flasher...so I replaced that but that area was still wet when I did, and I still get nothing. What gives? Does any one have experience with this? I need to get this inspected so I can get it on the road.

** I was drying the fuse box out with a hair dryer tonight, to try to eliminate that.

cardana24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2006, 07:28 AM   #2
cardana24

any help on this? Should I start out by checking all the bulbs? Would a burnt out bulb cause this problem? Thanks for any help.
Unread 10-09-2006, 10:18 AM   #3
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

yes i would let everything dry out, change the flasher fuse, and then replace the bulbs if nothin works after
VT
olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2006, 10:50 AM   #4
cardana24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinUpXJ
yes i would let everything dry out, change the flasher fuse, and then replace the bulbs if nothin works after
you think I should change the flasher again? I have already done it once, but when I plugged the new one in the socket was wet. Do these things fry easy?
Unread 10-09-2006, 10:56 AM   #5
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

yes, i would def try a new one, but let it dry out first
VT
olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.