Turn signal/Hazards problem!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Turn signal/Hazards problem!!

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #1
ButtDyno
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Turn signal/Hazards problem!!

Hey all,

It's my first post here, and I got a doosie...I did mucho searching and found only comments on replacing /repairing flasher relay located behind knee bolster. Well I played the game and replaced it and I still have my problem.

PROBLEM: Turn signal engaged to right works great no problem, LEFT turn signal engaged the front blinks correct BUT both rears are flashing...no bueno

Please tell me where to start...I have a test light /voltmeter and some mechanical background. HELP

Thanks-
ps...I really like all the info here and hope to learn more.

Last edited by ButtDyno; 01-20-2014 at 04:06 PM..
ButtDyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2014 JK Wrangler 

When you engage the left turn signal, you get the left front to flash, but BOTH rear signal bulbs flash. Is that correct?

If so, its almost certainly your "multifunction switch", which is what controls both the turn signals and 4-way flasher. My description above is a common failure mode. A new switch should fix the issue.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 04:01 PM   #3
ButtDyno
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Yes that's exactly what happens...left signal up front and both rear blinkers are flashing...but when I do right everything is good no double rear flashing.
Unread 01-20-2014, 04:03 PM   #4
ButtDyno
2000 XJ Cherokee 

So would this be a sufficient replacement or should I go to NaPA? http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...2100&ppt=C0039

Thanks by the way AZ Jeff I really appreciate it.
Unread 01-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #5
ButtDyno
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Update: Went to Napa spent $45 and now my signals work perfect. You AZ Jeff are the man...Thanks soooo much sir. Dang...it's awesome to finally be on a forum that has awesome members and info.
Unread 01-23-2014, 07:10 PM   #6
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtDyno View Post
Update: Went to Napa spent $45 and now my signals work perfect. You AZ Jeff are the man...Thanks soooo much sir. Dang...it's awesome to finally be on a forum that has awesome members and info.
Glad I could help.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.