Turn Signal / Flasher Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Turn Signal / Flasher Issues

4th of July Military Discount! (Active: July 2 - 16, 2014)Currie RockJock Products!!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 01-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
cbran021
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Turn Signal / Flasher Issues

I bought my first Jeep in September this past year an 87 Cherokee 4.0L and ever since I got it, it has run mechanically sound but has had one problem stopping me from getting it inspected, but now I got a notice from the city that I cannot park on public roads without an inspection sticker (They caught on) or else they're gonna tow it, so now I have to fix the issue. Neither my hazards or turn signals work properly. My hazard button doesn't work at all. When I try to use my left signal, the hazards flash on all areas. When I try to use my right signal, my hazards flash in all areas except the rear right blinker, which for some reason works correctly. I have no cruise control either which I'm not sure is a related issue, my dad told me someone may have tampered with the steering column. Otherwise electrically the vehicle works properly aside from a short in the radio which doesn't concern me but I'd like to fix in the future. Please help lead me to some probable causes of such a malfunction, I've tried searching the web but I think I'd have more luck if someone here knew what was going on.

cbran021 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1987 , cherokee , electrical , hazard , signal

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.