A/T's on your XJ... what has the best endurance ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > A/T's on your XJ... what has the best endurance ?

Iron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #16
silverlizzard
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I've got 31",10.5",15" sport kings. I love them on dirt and on street. Cheap and doesn't kill my gads miles, great feel and light and strong. Look them up.

silverlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #17
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carves View Post
Ive been using Hankooks for so many years ... I dunno how good other brands are these days ...

Supposedly - they are designed for heavier vehicles than an XJ ... so they should wear well.

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on them in future posts so I can compare against the set I fitted recently ... They already seem seem better than the last Hankook A/T pattern I had.

Remember too ... The longer lasting, highway and A/T tyres - usually have a harder compound rubber ... which normally equates to less grip on the road.
Just checking back.........
I am still running the Hankooks on the WJ, we have put 30K on these tires and they look like they have no wear (they do have wear), they are still very firm and tight with no sidewall roll and I have since had them off road and through a good bit of snow. I must say I VERY impressed and will replace them with the same. When off road you GOTTA HEAT THEM UP for optimal grip, but they do great. They grip great even on simple wet roads, we have a pretty good hill at the end of our road with a stop sign at top and I have never tore loose there pulling out in rain.

I also must add that th Timberlines are doing great as well, they wear a bit more than the Hankooks but they are a great tire. Given the choice i would PAY for the hankooks vs. the Timberlines, the Hankooks were less $$ and a better tire.

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #18
L_Kilkenny
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I've had great mileage with BFG AT's over the years and many trucks and Jeeps. The Nokians are dead soft and wear like crap and the Goodyears I've run tend to lose chunks on the gravel roads I have around here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.