Trouble installing rear drivers side window - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Trouble installing rear drivers side window

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 02-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
theRizzler
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Trouble installing rear drivers side window

I just got my jeep, and the rear driver's side window was busted out. I got a replacement, but I'm having trouble getting the thing in. I read somewhere that I need to take the vent window out, but I can't seem to get it out..

Can someone please give me a hand and tell me the proper way to install the rear driver's side window? I will be eternally grateful.

P.S. I apologize if this has been covered in these forums already, but I searched and could not find any threads with the same issue.

P.P.S. I'm new to the boards, but I think my Jeep's info should show up next to my post.

theRizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
theRizzler
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry for the double post, but the main problem I think I'm having (based on instructions I've found around the web on how to replace the windows) is that I can't seem to get out the "glass channel" (the metal guide that goes between the window and the "vent window"). I unscrewed it at the top with a Torx head screwdriver, but I can't find how to actually remove it so that I can take out the vent window..
Unread 02-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
MJR

Behind the outside window belt moulding is a pop rivet holding it.
Unread 02-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
theRizzler
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I just saw that right before I came back in to check the boards.. Darn, is it safe to bust the rivet out?
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
MJR

1/8" drill bit.
Unread 02-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #6
theRizzler
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I drilled it out last night before I got any responses back on here, but what I meant was: is that rivet really necessary? Do I need to replace it?
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #7
MJR

If the factory put it in I always put it back but that's up to you. It does support it between the top and bottom.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.