Trimming rear Fenders & Installing TJ flares (Lotta pics) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Trimming rear Fenders & Installing TJ flares (Lotta pics)

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-13-2007, 08:10 AM   #16
red96jeep

that looks really nice. i bet if you did take it to that shop it would have come out looking 100x worse then what you did

Rocky Mountain Edition Club member #4
project vehicle
new 2002 jetta 1.8t DD
red96jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2007, 08:39 AM   #17
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by red96jeep
that looks really nice. i bet if you did take it to that shop it would have come out looking 100x worse then what you did
I think you're right, because they wouldn't have been as patient as I was ... & believe me, it required a lot of that!

Cherokeegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2007, 09:42 AM   #18
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Very nice. I'm right in the midst of this project, front is cut and getting ready to do the rear (I'll also be doing the "fold-the-rear-quarters-up" mod.

BTW, where did you find the TJ flares--JY or did you buy 'em new? Thanks.
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2007, 10:07 AM   #19
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I bought them on JU, and then I found the Rubicons at PA Jeeps swap meet last July.
Unread 10-13-2007, 10:49 AM   #20
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeegrrl
I bought them on JU, and then I found the Rubicons at PA Jeeps swap meet last July.
Ah, I thought you might have bought them new. I keep coming up with around $170-$180 as the best price for four news ones, shipped. I guess it's back to eBay!
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2007, 12:00 PM   #21
joeksjeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

wow those look really good. they look profesionally done.
joeksjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #22
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 10-13-2007, 06:18 PM   #23
jester1341
2000 XJ Cherokee 

it took me a minute to realize it but you have four rear flares!!.... i have front Tj flares mounted to my Xj. i actually like the way yours looks but i think given the choice i'd stick with my front flares.....i'm also minus the fender part directlly behind the stock bumper as i fitted my ORfab bumper there

i'll try to get a picture up for the crowd but my son broke my camera and i cn't find the cord to my phone...[phone actually takes goood pictures ]

but super kudos to you for the rear write up very good i will be doing exactly that soon. only thing left out i can see is the fact that the little ridge that needs cut off the back is where i got my stich worthy cuts[fingers and thigh ]

john
jester1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2007, 10:36 PM   #24
bmyohn
Youngin'

2001 XJ Cherokee 

i see the pics now...it looks very professional and neat...good writeup...definetly a lot of work, but well worth it IMO
4.6L Golen Engine Stroker

6.5" TnT Customs Longarm Kitl Ford HP D60 l 6.5" Rock Krawler Coils l TnT Customs HD Trac Barl Omix Ada HD SYE l 1" UBEsl CV Driveshaft l39.5" IROKsl 17x9" Pro Comp 98sl High Clearance Shock Mounts [COLOR="red"] l Hidden Hitch l AJs Custom Front Bumper l SONY Xplod stereo l Alpine Speakers l TnT Frame StiffenerZ l 22" RE SS Brake Lines l 1.5" TnT Customs Boomerang Shackles l Sterling 10.25 *FULL WIDTHS* l JKS Mini Skids and Sway Bar Brackets l 7/8" Heim Joint High Steer
bmyohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #25
McWood
1996 XJ Cherokee 

So hows the 3m tape holdin up now?
Unread 01-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #26
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Oh, they're holding just like day 1, and I expect them to remain that way. Of course, I'm sure they'll rip off if they get snagged on a really tough obstacle, but here's hoping that the tape will give instead of the sheetmetal. I think there's less chance of permanent damage to the Jeep from ripping tape than ripping bolts out.

The only issue right now, and it's not with the 3M tape ... The black trim I used to cover up the RTV, is beginning to peel. A little.
Unread 01-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #27
cc cherokee
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Which double-sided 3M product is it?
Unread 01-26-2008, 01:51 PM   #28
Vinnie90
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Nice job and good write up.
Vinnie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 07:47 PM   #29
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc cherokee
Which double-sided 3M product is it?
It's just 3M molding tape. Bought it at Advance Auto
Unread 01-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #30
Derka
1988 XJ Cherokee 

what exact fenders did you use? and where did you get them?
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.