Transmission is at the shop but need advice. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Transmission is at the shop but need advice.

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
TheMadMike
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Transmission is at the shop but need advice.

Ok i have a 87 Cherokee with the BA-10. Its at the shop being torn apart to see how much it will cost to rebuild. I just ran across a ba-10 out of a 89 wrangler that was rebuilt last year but the jeep caught fire and the owner is junking it.

My question is will the ba-10 from his wrangler work with no modifications in my 87 Cherokee? Both are 4x4 and have the 21spline np231 t-case. I'm going to keep and use my t-case. I know the t-case will work but are the input shafts the same count on the trans. Will it work with my 6mo clutch? I did check the clutches for both and the shaft and disk diameters are the same but couldn't find the spline count.

And yes I know the BA-10 is a waist of time but I just lost my job and the trans went out a week before that. Its my only vehicle other than my motorcycle but with the unpredictable spring weather I really need my Jeep back ASAP and doing the ax-15 or NV3550. (Witch is what I want but at 2k for the complete conversion I can afford it right now.) The down time will be to long. Plus not having a garage to work in doesn't help.

TheMadMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.