Transmission is at the shop but need advice. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Transmission is at the shop but need advice.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
TheMadMike
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Transmission is at the shop but need advice.

Ok i have a 87 Cherokee with the BA-10. Its at the shop being torn apart to see how much it will cost to rebuild. I just ran across a ba-10 out of a 89 wrangler that was rebuilt last year but the jeep caught fire and the owner is junking it.

My question is will the ba-10 from his wrangler work with no modifications in my 87 Cherokee? Both are 4x4 and have the 21spline np231 t-case. I'm going to keep and use my t-case. I know the t-case will work but are the input shafts the same count on the trans. Will it work with my 6mo clutch? I did check the clutches for both and the shaft and disk diameters are the same but couldn't find the spline count.

And yes I know the BA-10 is a waist of time but I just lost my job and the trans went out a week before that. Its my only vehicle other than my motorcycle but with the unpredictable spring weather I really need my Jeep back ASAP and doing the ax-15 or NV3550. (Witch is what I want but at 2k for the complete conversion I can afford it right now.) The down time will be to long. Plus not having a garage to work in doesn't help.

TheMadMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.