Trans Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Trans Problems

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
quadfreak27
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Trans Problems

So i got my trans rebuilt in my '97 cherokee 2wd and to save money i took it out and i put it back in and it ran fine. Only problem with it is that when the shifter is in park, its in drive. When the shifter is in neutral, it's in park and so on and so forth. Is that a problem with the rebuild or the way i put it back in? Hopefully it's an easy fix. Any suggestions would be cool. Thanks.

quadfreak27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Adjusting the shift mechanism should solve the problem.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2wd , cherokee , rebuilt , shifter , trans

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.