Track Bar issues... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Track Bar issues...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 10-16-2005, 08:45 PM   #1
PRYDE

Track Bar issues...

Well today I was over at a friends place with the XJ having a ton of fun as he has about 200 acres of open field to play around in, I have to admit we werent driving the Jeep nicely but as we got out, we looked under the front end and the track bar was hanging, hitting the ground. (the bolt type thing comming off the joint, that connects to the frame had sheared in half) We heard a clunk about 5 minutes into driving when we first started so we guessed that had to be it. Anyways, I was just wondering how important this piece really is. I drove the jeep hte rest of the day with the entire bar off, but I am wondering if I absoloutly need it. The jeep isnt going to be seeing the road, as it is just a learning vehivle / mess around with and have fun vehicle. Other than that, the entire day was a blast as we really got to know how the jeep handled in wet grass and mud pits!

Please help me out...thanks

Currently stripped down to nothing...
Getting rebuilt slowly but surely...

It's a fixxer upper, but thats part of the fun.
PRYDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2005, 08:51 PM   #2
Brandon11130

look out your window at your front tire while you are turning, you will notice that the truck is actually moving before the steering is. the control arms will not hold your axle in place when you are steering that is why you need a trackbar.

i dont know if you understood that but just go out and look at the front wheel and fender while you turn the wheel its pretty obvious why you need one.

[SIZE="1"] We do not ask for your poor or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim. It is your evil that will be saught by us. With every breath we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood ‘til it rains down from the skies.[/SIZE]
Brandon11130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2005, 06:36 AM   #3
PRYDE

Yeah, I did notice that the entire front end of the truck moved weirdly (especially when stopped) and turing the wheel. So I guess without this bar it puts alot of stress on other components and will wear them out faster? Again, this jeep is not going to see the road often, and its more of an experiment than anything...

Currently stripped down to nothing...
Getting rebuilt slowly but surely...

It's a fixxer upper, but thats part of the fun.
PRYDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2005, 07:57 AM   #4
wipedawg

you shouldn't be driving it at all without a trackbar

6 in lift, 35" Interco Trxus MT's, long armed, Bushwacker cut-out flares, Skyjacker coils(powdercoated grey), RE 4.5 extreme duty leaf packs, Tera 1.5in shackles, AJ's Superrails, AA SYE, TW DS, Blacked out all around. and a buncha RE trackbar stuff, and the infamous ZJ tierod :)
wipedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2005, 10:10 AM   #5
Blake
Redefining body roll

1996 XJ Cherokee 

That's pretty scary.

1999.5 Ford F250
6.8l V10 l Auto l 4WD l 4" Spring Lift | 4.30 Gears | 35" Treadwright MT/R's

Youtube

Twitter
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2005, 10:56 AM   #6
00XJEric

You could probably pick one up for cheap at a junk yard. I know it's a beater Jeep and all, but if you were to get in an accident with it you could probably get sued. Although it is Canada and not the sue happy USA!

04 VW GTi
99 Honda Civic Dx
00 XJ Sport - Sold =(
00XJEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2005, 11:20 AM   #7
XJH-007

LOL, NAH...you don't need it EH.....just extra steel that Jeep put on there for looks.

Give'er hell hoser.

Tera 4:1 / 4:56's_Elec. Locked D44
**84' CJ7 4"BDS 33's
***02 WJ Overland
XJH-007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2005, 12:20 PM   #8
xjrrrdx

My trackbar sheared a bolt and was hanging down and I had a 5 minute drive home. It was impossible for me to make a sharp turn because the entire body moved over the axles rather than the wheels turn. At speed 30mph turning was much easier, but going really slow it was damn near impossible. Id get one from the junkyard.
RE ZJ 3.5" coils with 1.75" spacer, DPG 5" springs, JKS 1" shackle/ Black Steelies 4" BS/ 34" Trxus MT / RK 3-link LA / Rock Monitor Front Bumper / RE XD Trackbar w/ mount / C-Rok Rear Bumper / Aussie Front Locker / AJs Sliders, RE H&T
www.rocklizardfabrications.com
xjrrrdx is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.