Tow Points - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Tow Points

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-28-2006, 08:06 PM   #1
ilovexj's

Tow Points

Hey guys I have a cherokee but it doesnt have a rear bumper and it doesnt have hooks or anything on the front so where can I tow from. Just axels or what?

Thanks

ilovexj's is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
Cerealdaemon
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

don't tow from your axles. thats bad, you'll have lots of guys tell you why its bad, but just know that it is.

Go to a junk yard and get yourself a rear reciever hitch for your jeep. Thats a good solid recovery point on the rear.

Rustys has some front tow hooks that you can use.
Unread 11-28-2006, 10:03 PM   #3
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

if you're really in a bind, slap something around your rear shackle. but get hooks. i just got a pair of factory brackets/hooks and have been lucky to not have gotten stuck enough yet to require a pull.

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 10:34 PM   #4
FooK
2002 WJ 

go to a junkyard and buy the front towhook kit, mine cost me 10 bucks.

its an inner brace behind the front 2 bumper bolts, a different bumper brackets that ties into the frame, and a lower bracket that goes from subframe to towhook. It's a very stout kit for not much cash.
Driver #1724 Team WP Jeepspeed
Co-Driver #36 ERS Rally Team
FooK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.