Tow Points - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Tow Points

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-28-2006, 08:06 PM   #1
ilovexj's

Tow Points

Hey guys I have a cherokee but it doesnt have a rear bumper and it doesnt have hooks or anything on the front so where can I tow from. Just axels or what?

Thanks

ilovexj's is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
Cerealdaemon
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

don't tow from your axles. thats bad, you'll have lots of guys tell you why its bad, but just know that it is.

Go to a junk yard and get yourself a rear reciever hitch for your jeep. Thats a good solid recovery point on the rear.

Rustys has some front tow hooks that you can use.
Unread 11-28-2006, 10:03 PM   #3
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

if you're really in a bind, slap something around your rear shackle. but get hooks. i just got a pair of factory brackets/hooks and have been lucky to not have gotten stuck enough yet to require a pull.

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2006, 10:34 PM   #4
FooK
2002 WJ 

go to a junkyard and buy the front towhook kit, mine cost me 10 bucks.

its an inner brace behind the front 2 bumper bolts, a different bumper brackets that ties into the frame, and a lower bracket that goes from subframe to towhook. It's a very stout kit for not much cash.
Driver #1724 Team WP Jeepspeed
Co-Driver #36 ERS Rally Team
FooK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.