From the FSM:
(4) Coat the threads of stud bolt No.11 with Loc-
tite 592 sealant, or equivalent.
(5) Tighten the engine cylinder head bolts in
sequence according to the following procedure (Fig.
CAUTION: During the final tightening sequence,
bolt No.11 will be tightened to a lower torque than
the rest of the bolts. DO NOT overtighten bolt
(a) Tighten all bolts in sequence (1 through 14)
to 30 N·m (22 ft. lbs.) torque.
(b) Tighten all bolts in sequence (1 through 14)
to 61 N·m (45 ft. lbs.) torque.
(c) Check all bolts to verify they are set to 61
N·m (45 ft. lbs.) torque.
(d) Tighten bolts in sequence:
• Bolts 1 through 10 to 149 N·m (110 ft. lbs.)
• Bolt 11 to 135 N·m (100 ft. lbs.) torque.
• Bolts 12 through 14 to 149 N·m (110 ft. lbs.)
(e) Check all bolts in sequence to verify the cor-
WANTED--MJ Comanche to restore. Must be solid, (relatively) rust free chassis. Send me a PM if you have a line on one that is for sale.