TnT Customs HD TrackBar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > TnT Customs HD TrackBar

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-11-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
Grand Fan 4eva

TnT Customs HD TrackBar

I'm going to be ordering the tnt customs hd trackbar system but i have a couple questions. i was curious as to how much adjustability there was. i'm running about 4.5-5" up front but i have re-drilled my track-bar mount so i can use the stock trackbar. when i called them up today, i was told that they only have options for 4-6" and 6"+. do you think i'll be able to adjust the bar down enough to run the 4-6" bar with the re-drilled mount and 5" lift??
Thanks!

'97 XJ ~5" / 33 trxus / RK 3-link / FOA 12" CO's
'00 XJ Stock DD
'68 M715
'98 5.9 Limited
Grand Fan 4eva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2007, 03:28 PM   #2
ktmracer419
1997 XJ Cherokee 

why not use the old hole?

and re hd trackbar+ 1/2" bolts > tnt customs
35" beadlocked km2's
3" midarmed
more bells and whistles than you can shake a stick at
ktmracer419 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #3
MGrobe
Man In Black

1998 XJ Cherokee 

KTMRacer has a very valid point. He has the TNT bar and bracket and has bent the bracket to some degree and has broke multiple bolts. Unfortunately the jury is still out as to why this has occurred, but one fact that can't be ignored is the bolt size difference used between the two. RE uses larger bolts and I can't remember someone that has sheared a RE XD track-bar bolt. It probably has happened somewhere, but it sure isn't a common problem. And its not like a lot of people aren't running that setup either.

Another good reason for RE is that you can buy a crossbrace to take some of the load of the bracket and frame.

If the price difference is negligible and your needs require a heavy duty track-bar I would consider the RE 1660. And I am not a must buy RE zombie.
- JeepForum Rules - Become a Premium Member or Vendor
For Sale: (4) AR 767-5766 Wheels (used) 15x7, 5x4.5, 4.5BS - for local pickup in the Chicago-area
MGrobe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #4
Twsty
1988 MJ Comanche 

Be absolutely sure that you get the right length. I went through this this past August. I ordered a T&T bar for a 6.5" lift and when I got the tracbar, it was too long. I was a bit peeved. I called them, and they said that they sent me the correct one and that the problem was with my springs. Apparently when they designed the tracbar they take into account the 1"-2" extra that you get from NEW springs, and since my springs were actually broken in and sat at 6.5" the bar was too short.

Long story short, I had a local welder cut out the threaded insert and lop 1" off of the tracbar. It fits, but barely. You can see how much thread engagement that I have on the tracbar now (which is good I guess...more thread contact=more strength).

Twsty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2007, 08:20 PM   #5
Grand Fan 4eva

when i redrilled the hole, it wasn't a full hole over so i welded a plate over the front of the axle bracket and drilled though that. it would be easy enough to grind it off and weld another plate back on drilled out for the stock hole but i was just wondering if you thought i'd have to or not. i just don't want to turn my bracket into swiss cheese where can i pick up the RE bar for the best price? I haven't really had a chance to look into it yet and i've been pretty busy prepping for finals
Thanks!

'00 XJ Stock DD
'68 M715
'98 5.9 Limited
Unread 12-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #6
Grand Fan 4eva

so are you saying this is what i want?
http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scri...?idproduct=116

i saw an upgrade somewhere for the bigger bolts/ joint. do i have to purchase that too or am i going to be all set with just that set-up from jeepinoutiftters? $256 with free shipping sounds quite reasonable and there is a 5% discount code right? the tnt was going for $240+ $30 shipping... guess that puts the RE on top for price too... i kind of assumed the RE would be more exspensive i guess.

'00 XJ Stock DD
'68 M715
'98 5.9 Limited
Unread 12-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #7
ktmracer419
1997 XJ Cherokee 

you need to call re and ask for the 1/2" sleeve and superflex ball. the ball is $12 and the sleeve is $2 iirc. then you just need to drill
35" beadlocked km2's
3" midarmed
more bells and whistles than you can shake a stick at
ktmracer419 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #8
Grand Fan 4eva

how badly do you think i need the 1/2" upgrade for 33's? since i've already drilled my mount once, the structural integrity is already compromised and it's tough to weld a plate to the back side of the mount. i guess what i'm getting at is that if i drill for the 1/2" bolt, is my bracket going to become the weak point?
thanks!

'00 XJ Stock DD
'68 M715
'98 5.9 Limited
Unread 12-11-2007, 09:58 PM   #9
Jeepernick
2008 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmracer419
you need to call re and ask for the 1/2" sleeve and superflex ball. the ball is $12 and the sleeve is $2 iirc. then you just need to drill
or dont run the sleeve and just slide a 3/4" bolt in there

That is what I did, but I have a custom axle bracket to and the 3/4 is most likely OverKill LOL just a little

I also have the 1/2" superflex ball and grade 8 bolt, cant image snapping it
Jeepernick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2007, 01:43 AM   #10
MGrobe
Man In Black

1998 XJ Cherokee 

More food for thought...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/lets-hear-double-shear-trackbar-mounts-482122/
- JeepForum Rules - Become a Premium Member or Vendor
For Sale: (4) AR 767-5766 Wheels (used) 15x7, 5x4.5, 4.5BS - for local pickup in the Chicago-area
MGrobe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.