Thunderbird Coils + S10 Bastard Pack Lift - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Thunderbird Coils + S10 Bastard Pack Lift

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #46
fedx95
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, if you decide to used the overload leaf however, you will need longer u bolts. Just make sure they are in excellent condition.

fedx95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #47
Sorenabel
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Ok thank you. I did the lift thee other day with the full s10 pack in the rear added to the xj main and then the tbird could in the front. Did anyone leave the stock xj coil isolaters on with the tbird coils? The lift turned out great. Got about 4.5" of lift in the rear and about 4" of lift in the front. She rides alot better now then stock. I left the stock xj coil isolatetoff when putting the tibrds coils on, I was thinking about puttin them back on to level it with the rear? Or maybe using some camaro coil isolaters I got from the the junkyard?
Sorenabel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #48
fedx95
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I left the stock isolators there. You can net more or less lift depending on how you put the tbird strut plate on. About 1" up or down. I would suggest you put the isolator on to dampen the load a bit
Unread 02-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #49
Sorenabel
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Ok ill do that as soon as the weather gets a little better. The tbird coils are alot softer then I thought they would be.
Sorenabel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #50
dillonreid
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I have a three inch procomp on my cherokee that is about 10 years old so my leafs are sagginf do you think i could just use Dakota or s10 leafs to get back my 3 inches? If so how would i go about doing that? And could i do tbird coils with out new brake lines?
dillonreid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #51
fedx95
1993 XJ Cherokee 

If you use two of the three leaves of s10 pack, you could probably net 3". I would use the main s10 leaf and the second one, ditch the third and the overload.
Unread 03-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #52
keepishop
1989 XJ Cherokee 

s10 leaves are wonderful for bastard packs. I've got a thread with a few different mixes of xj and s10 leaves that might help.

Current: Black 89 limited, dakota bastard pack, zj coils, 1.5" lift, open cooling swap, bronco 2 carrier, rad fan switch
Rest in Pieces: Red 1990 cherokee dana30/8.25 - v8 zj coils & s10 bastard pack 2.5" lift - 31x10.5r15 tires - v8 zj tierod

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentjeep View Post
Bleed or Quit.
jf irc @ irc.freenode.net #jeepforum
keepishop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #53
dillonreid
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Sweet thanks guys ill be sure to let you know how it goes I'm going to be away from the Jeep for nine days so I have plenty of time to research haha
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #54
alecxj

How many inches of lift did it give you??
alecxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #55
theHouseOG
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedx95 View Post
I left the stock isolators there. You can net more or less lift depending on how you put the tbird strut plate on. About 1" up or down. I would suggest you put the isolator on to dampen the load a bit
I bought two new Thunderbird Coils from a company on ebay. They were super cheap but New so I skipped out on going to the junk yard. But I don't have the thunderbird strut plate. What does that mean? Will this not allow me to attach it to the XJ? I have been searching but can't find a definitive answer on this.

Thanks
theHouseOG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #56
JV82000
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Yes you need the strut plate. The thunderbird coils don't taper in like the xj does.
JV82000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #57
theHouseOG
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV82000 View Post
Yes you need the strut plate. The thunderbird coils don't taper in like the xj does.
****..... is my official response.

Looks like I'm going to have to go purchase some strut plates.
theHouseOG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.