Throttle sticking - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Throttle sticking

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 11-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
billb2011
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Throttle sticking

'99 XJ Sport 4.0 Auto. Every once in a while when I really get on it like going up a muddy hill my throttle will stick when I let off the gas and I have to pump the peddle to make it stop. When I check the throttle cable it seems fine doesn't look like its catching on anything or otherwise sticking. I only drive it offroad and lately only about once a month or so, has anyone had this happen or know what the problem might be. I always make sure I PB the cable and linkages when I think about it but it still does it. Thanks.

Oh also I have a snorkel and removed the air box and piped it straight to the TB and at the moment all I have is a screen in it, (I am going to get an inline filter soon.) Could that have something to do with it where there is no resistance in the air intake?

Unread 11-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Not an air resistance issue but Mega dirty. Clean the Tps and iac.
Disable the cruise control if you've got one.
Look for vac leaks.
Get a filter asap.
Unread 11-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
billb2011
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks Ill do all that.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.