Thinking of purchasing a parts XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Thinking of purchasing a parts XJ

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 06-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

Thinking of purchasing a parts XJ

Hey all XJ people. I currently have a 2wd ZJ that is my DD and weekend warrior. I want to convert it to 4X4 and ditch the unreliable 42re and install an AW4 (yes I know I have a ton of wiring to do). My rig is a 1995 4.0 I6 running 30" KM2's and have plans to later on move to 33's. I like to run trails that include everything from off camber stuff to mud and water. Other necessities needed are ABS brakes and I would like to keep all 4 discs as well. What year and trim style XJ should I look for to best suit my needs? Also, any idea if the driveshaft from the parts XJ will swap over. Any other issues I might run into swapping the AW4 where a 42re used to be?

Thanks and greetings from the ZJ forum

95_ZJ_Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 04:53 AM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Time for you to buy an XJ and ditch the ZJ.
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
Yeap its your nuts that giving you the trouble here...... Get the right ones
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

I've considered it but I enjoy wheeling my ZJ and seeing peoples expressions to a ZJ out on the trails.
95_ZJ_Limited is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.