Thinking about selling XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Thinking about selling XJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 05-02-2005, 04:12 PM   #1
Blasphemy

Thinking about selling XJ

ive had my XJ for a short time, only since november of 04 and only been on the road with it since febuary.

since getting the xj ive been unsatisified with it, i tried to make it something more apealing to em but alas i cant quit looking at YJ's or TJ's without wanting one.

would like to know how much you my fellow peers think shes worth.

specs are as follows

1991 XJ
4.0 HO
Black 4 dr
Gray Leather (in ok shape)
166,000 miles (runs flawless)
NP 242 T-case in perfict working order
3.5 Rubicon express (super flex) kit ~aprox 4.25 actual~
Moab wheels and Goodyear MTR's with 80%+ tread (some rock rash but nothing horrid)
new exhaust manifold
passes MO safty and Emissions as of Feb 05

things that are in need of attention
1) has an oil leak, but havent invistagated it yet( not horrible but it is there)
2) both front seats have been welded so they only go front and back (power)
3) some int pieces are not attached properly (bought it this way)
4) does not have a radio
5) needs SYE or t-case drop as it does have very minor vibes (very minor)

thats all i can think of.

opinions welcome

[B]St Louis, Missouri. Member #1

XJ on Moabs Member #3[/B]
Blasphemy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2005, 08:07 PM   #2
Dannyboy18

Sounds like you have a great XJ man; I want to meet up and see it!

DON'T SELL IT. I think all you need to do is run out and do some REAL offroading to reassure yourself of just how capable your Jeep is...

--Dan.
AR Baja Alloy Wheels - 15x8 + Bridgestone Dueler Revo A/Ts - 31x10.50x15
TeraFlex Adj. Trackbar + TeraFlex Quick Disconnects & WARN T-case skid
Dannyboy18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2005, 08:34 PM   #3
xj89

i think your better off keeping your XJ it seems like you already have put sum money into her, why not just do a little more work to it and maybe as the other guy said do sum serious wheeling with it and ulle relize itsa decent contender. besides ur gonna spend more money buying the car and then doing work on it then if u jst did more stuff to the XJ, do sum exterior mods to make it more you. Besides u never know u could sell it and deicde u really did like it and then ud really be kicking urself in the ***, but hey thats jsut my $0.02 oviosly its ur altimet decision
xj89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2005, 08:49 PM   #4
98'Beast

Its hard to force your self to love a car, i would keep the xj cause it does sound awesome, and i found out recently just how capable and awesome these things really are, however when there is soemthing out there that you really want, what you have just doesnt cut it

As for how much its worth, it would be hard for me to sell something like that for less than 4g's. However here the most similar jeep i can find that is selling in the next 20 minutes (6:52EST) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...545902565&rd=1
I would put it up on Craigslist.com and ask for offers, thats where i got my jeep.

Abe
98'Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2005, 10:43 PM   #5
Blasphemy

its a back and forth thing

i like it i hate it lol

the Girlfriend wants me to keep it

tho i have yet to really get out and run her, i guess ill wait till after i do some real wheeling to make a decision

tho in July i get my bonus.. might put that twards a TJ and have both

thanks for the opinions. at least i know its worth something lol

Curt
[B]St Louis, Missouri. Member #1

XJ on Moabs Member #3[/B]
Blasphemy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.