is there a fuse for my o2 sensor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > is there a fuse for my o2 sensor

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 05-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
jayashjeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

is there a fuse for my o2 sensor

somone said i had a fuse for my o2 sensor do i its testing a bad o2 sensor and i just replaced it any hints thanks for any comments.

Unread 05-31-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
XJohnnyC

There is no fuse for the O2 sensor.
XJohnnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2009, 12:18 AM   #3
bdodge
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Did you reset the code after you installed the new 02?
97' Cherokee sport 2 DR / 4.0 Power Tech, 5 spd MAN, Command trac / Dana M30/181MM front axel, Corporate 8.25 rear axel / 6.5" Bastard lift, 31X10.5 Daytona futura's on Cragar 15X8 soft 8's, Logans Metals Front winch bumper, Flowmaster super 44, Magnoflow high flow cat
bdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #4
Ed Rico
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayashjeep View Post
somone said i had a fuse for my o2 sensor do i its testing a bad o2 sensor and i just replaced it any hints thanks for any comments.
There is a fuse in the underhood PDC that supplies the heater circuits for both front and rear O2 sensors in parallel. If the fuse is out, it can affect the ability to get up to and maintain operating temp for the sensors, which can cause problems with staying in closed loop.

-Ed Rico
Ed Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #5
jayashjeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i did not reset the code it turnede off its self after i replaced it then came back on
im going to chreck the pdc fuse rate now ill let you know what happen thanks alot everyone im really getting tired of my check engine light on.
Unread 06-01-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
jayashjeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

where is the pdc fuse located cause i dont see one under the hood? help please
Unread 06-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #7
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The PDC is the Power Distribution Center. It is the black plastic box next to the battery. The fuses are not labeled, just check them all. I am pretty sure that there is no O2 sensor fuse in the fuse box in the passenger foot well area.

Check your Owners Manual or Factory Service Manual for more info. If you don't have an OM or an FSM, you should get one, try eBay or the Junkyard.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.