Which terminal type for underhood wiring? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Which terminal type for underhood wiring?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-23-2014, 01:47 PM   #1
Erg-Bsb
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Which terminal type for underhood wiring?

I'm looking to rebuild the underhood wiring for the injectors and sensors of my 98 XJ but I have the most painful difficulty to find the terminals because I don't know from which type they are. I've searched intensively in the www.te.com catalogs but didn't find anything close, neither did I find information in the service manual.

This first female terminal is from the engine coolant temperature sensor connector. It has a square shape, there are small “ears” on the side (there is only one way to mount it in the connector) and the hole for the locking tab is at the bottom. Markings on it are “1 AMP”.

This second terminal is from the engine oil pressure switch connector, 18 gauge wire, is larger than the previous one with a rectangular shape and has two locking holes, at the top and at the bottom. Markings on the original ones are “D” (bottom), “15” (“21” on the second one) and “1C” (sides). On the one pictured: “C” (bottom), “32” and “FC1” (sides).

I didn't check yet the ones from the other sensors (MAP, TPS, etc.).
Does anyone know what type of terminals are these and where I can find them? I'm looking for unmounted terminals because I don't want to solder.

Erg-Bsb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #2
Erg-Bsb
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Gotcha! After several more hours searching I found them, I must say more by chance than by rational search.

The first terminal is a AMP/TYCO 0.70 type SSC (Sealed Sensor Connector) system, equivalent to their Econoseal III Series and Econoseal J-Series Mark II which might probably also be used without problem.
The second one is a Delphi/FCI Automotive Apex 2.8 mm.

Hope this feedback helps other owners.
Unread 10-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #3
skyway0018746
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Why not get a plug pigtail and splice it in ?
Unread 10-25-2014, 08:28 AM   #4
Erg-Bsb
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'm rebuilding the underhood harness new because the insulation of the wires fall apart in some areas because of the heat and I prefer have one unique wire from one terminal up to the other, like original, instead of cutting and splicing all those wires.
Less cuts, less potential problems.

Last edited by Erg-Bsb; 10-25-2014 at 08:50 AM..
Unread 10-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #5
skyway0018746
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Ah makes sense.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.