Tail light and front lights arent working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Tail light and front lights arent working

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFCurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
RescuedJK
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Tail light and front lights arent working

The other day I was checking all the lights on the 01 XJ. An I noticed the drivers tail light isn't working and the license plate light is out. So I replaced them and they still don't work. Also on the drivers front the side marker light doesn't work not does the front signal light work that's under the headlight. I've replaced all the bulbs an checked the fuses. The signals all work but not the driving lights. Any ideas?

Unread 06-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

How about cleaning up all the grounds? You might have some corrosion going on there. Just make'em nice and shiney and see what happens.
Unread 06-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
RescuedJK
2001 XJ Cherokee 

on all of them? They were working a month or so ago
Unread 06-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Well...not every ground on the Jeep

Who knows with electricity, man. That's how it goes. They were probably acting a little funny before you noticed they were kaputz.
Unread 06-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
RescuedJK
2001 XJ Cherokee 

got it fixed. I didn't know there were fuses on the pass side under the dash. The driving light for the right side was blown.
Unread 06-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Ah. Good stuff then. Glad you figured it out!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.