Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

switching seats

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  CherokeeOwner 
#1 ·
I have a 93 cherokee and while there are no rips the passenger seat is badly stained and the driver seats feels broken, like the seat inside is bent,,,leans some toward the window. Anyway, I want to put in some seats from another cherokee in a JY or such...what years can I use that will bolt right up?

#2 ·
If I remember right, the metal sliders under the seats were changed in either 93 or 94. I'm pretty sure you have the old style slider in you XJ though... A GREAT seat to swap out are the leather seats out of a Grand Cherokee. You can just bolt your slider onto the GC seat and that makes it a direct swap. The sliders out of the GC will not fit an XJ, so you will lose the power option unless you fab the GC sliders to fit your cherokee...Good luck there! Here are some pics of mine with the GC seats in... Two BIG thumbs up!!! Oh, and the rear seat will fit with a little love...LOL

#3 ·
what year GCs should I be looking for? Thanks for the help!!

#5 ·
From a XJ, you can fit 91-94 with no issues. I think you can put 88-94 seats onto the 91-94 bases as well. I used Laredo Package seats from a 91 and they bolted right into my 93.

The Laredo setas use a heavier gauge "Tweed" like material and are fitted with Lumbar supports.

#11 ·
No. You'll need to drill some holes and get some angle iron for the new mounts

oh I like this thread. I'd like to change the seats in my 88 XJ to leather. But, I have a two door. I'd have to find a 2 DR donor vehicle to get them to flip forward wouldn't i?
Yah, and they'd have to be from a 94 or older XJ to bolt in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.