I had a thread way back when for how my coolant was mysteriously disappearing
I had a cylinder leak-down test performed which it was clear that the head was bad. Here is were it cracked
I pulled the head and set is aside. There was coolant in the #3 and 4 cylinders. I cleaned off everything and cleared the old gasket, which was intact and not blown. I checked the block for any visible weakness or cracks but could not see any. I am hoping for the best. Cylinder test failed at the head so we never made it down to the block.
I installed the new head over a new Fel-Pro head gasket. Making sure to torque the bolts to 110 and #11 at 100. Thanks to Kettle's and CJ7-Tim who helped me out with the 00 Torque sequence
Placing the exhaust and intake manifold was difficult because the reman-head did not have the dowels to line it up. I bolted it up loose so I could adjust it as needed.
I put in a new Thermostat housing and bolted the rest in.
I added some coolant and oil and fired it up. It ran rough for about 5 seconds before the computer adjusted the timing. It also smoke a bit because I got some grit/grim down into the intakes when connecting them to the head. That burnt off and it runs well.
I still have the low oil pressure on the gauge but no milkshake in the oil so that is good. I am watching it closely. I will change the oil in a couple days and hook up a manual oil pressure gauge to see if I need a new sending unit which is likely.
I'm not calling it finished yet because I don't want to jinx it. Thanks to everyone who helped me with this repair.