Supercharger for XJ?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Supercharger for XJ?!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
kkalowski
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Supercharger for XJ?!

I'm looking for a supercharger kit for my XJ but not an avenger kit, I want to know where I can buy the rick rimmer eaton supercharger kit that was put on the jeep in the article "4.0L Jeep XJ Cherokee Supercharger Kit - Hot Rod Hop-Ups" in '4 wheel and off road magazine'. I can't seem to find it anywhere and it's really aggravating.

kkalowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
99Greenmachine
1999 XJ Cherokee 

If my memory serves me correctly that kit was upwards of $3,000 and you had to buy a Wrangler intake.

Just get a Stroker mayne

Thank You Hooligan!!!

[SIZE="4"]XJ Dana 44, Yukon 4.56 D44 Gears, LeBaron hood vents for sale
99Greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
slvrathlon
1999 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/searc...archid=4846882 --

Also from what most say, stroking the 4.0 is much better performance. I'm no expert, but just relaying from what I've heard and read.
slvrathlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
Mr_Random
1986 XJ Cherokee 

Look on Ebay for an Eaton Supercharger, design your own intake manifold, and nose shaft, then buy a boost controller?

A turbo might actually be less work, but a stroker will be completely drop-in, cheaper, and probably about the same work.
I live with in an hour of the coast so getting sea foam is easy, but isnt the salt bad for the fuel system??? and how about the people that live farther away can you just foam up water and sea salt ??? if so what kind of mix do I use ??? 1table spoon to a gal of water??? and then how do I "foam it up" mabe a little soap????
Jeepus buildicus:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/86-xj-w-mpi-budget-re-build-757079/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorm View Post
Using pure N2 is a total waste of money considering you can get 78% nitrogen for free.
Mr_Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
GreenMachine79
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Random View Post
A turbo might actually be less work, but a stroker will be completely drop-in, cheaper, and probably about the same work.
Also a turbo or super charger will put extra wear and abuse on a already aging engine. A stoker will do the opposite and give new life to the engine with new pistons, rings, bearings.....ect.
GreenMachine79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.