Sub Category for XJ section - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Sub Category for XJ section

Custom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

View Poll Results: Do you want a Sub Category for Street Applications?
Yes, give the guys who plan on staying on the street a place to talk. 67 38.29%
No, don't need it, don't want it. 47 26.86%
Either way I won't be bothered by it. 61 34.86%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 04-26-2006, 06:17 AM   #1
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Sub Category for XJ section

There's been some interest in the last couple of months in XJ's that are geared more to the street and not the dirt. I was PM'd with the idea of a sub category for the XJ section that would deal with these kind of applications.

I like the idea of it. There are plenty of guys that run 4wd for the ice/snow or 2wd that aren't as inetested in the lifts, but do like the tips on performance. Seems to me these guys tend to get the cold shoulder when asking questions. This would be the perfect place to address these questions without getting smack about not wheeling thier rigs.

But lets leave it up the group and not just my inout on the matter.

So the question is, do you want a Sub Category for it? I'll put the usual yes and no, but I'll throw in an extra: won't bother me either way one as well.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2006, 06:36 AM   #2
Maco98XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

As far as the 2wd guys getting the cold shoulder, I tend to "somewhat agree" with balloo, but not completely. I think that there are 2wd and 4wd owners out there who have their vision of a perfect XJ as a show & shine truck. I do not think of my XJ as a show truck by any means, nor do I want it to be. But that doesnt mean that I should ostricize them because Im an off-road-beat-it-up kind of guy.
So I guess thats why I vote they way I did. It doesnt bother me either way. If we all read the threads and interject by listening to the concerns of the member and not by our own agendas for our XJ's, I think it still works just fine as one catagory. There are still all sorts of perfomance mods that both street trucks & ORV's can utilize.
But, if we start getting threads on how to "slam" an XJ, I guess we need the street subdivision. Because that would look pretty stupid, kinda like a Scion xB.
Unread 04-26-2006, 06:41 AM   #3
JrTjK
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

i don't really plan on offroading too much, but still like reading what everyone else does. i think most if not all questions i have are still answered and i can find generally after searching. if people have questions that are more geared towards regular street use, they still seem to be answered in this forum. i wouldn't object to the new section, but i don't really think it's necessary.
JrTjK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2006, 06:46 AM   #4
WAKETEK516

I don't mind either way... I'm the off-road type, and don't mind scratchin' & bangin up the truck on the trail, but why not try out the sub-category. I was obsessed with keeping my previous car (94 Thunderbird) immaculate at all times, so I can understand and relate to that side of the hobby.

Try it out for a month... see if it's popular.. if so.. keep it!
Can't hurt!

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4
Black | AW4 | NP231 | D30 | D35
Lift/Tires: 3" Lift, 30x9.5" KUMHO Road Venture MTs, Removed Rear Sway bar
Armor & Recovery: Diamond Plated Rocker Guards, C4x4 Tow Hooks, Rear hitch, Cobra CB
Engine: K&N Panel Filter, Flowmaster 40 Series DeltaFlow

Picutres, Info, and Videos:
MY XJ
WAKETEK516 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2006, 06:51 AM   #5
JeepinJerimiah

I say yes. Why not open a whoile new venue? It's diffrent and new but still a Jeep.

[SIZE="2"]1994 Cherokee SE/ChyCo 8.25/4.0 HO/AW4/Custom Drive Shaft/Rusty's 3" Full Pack /Cragar Soft 8's 15x8/Dakota M/T 31x10.50x15/Custom Cat Back/Walmart Lights/Bedlined Rockers/Alpine CDA-9843 Head/160xxx Miles[/SIZE]
JeepinJerimiah is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2006, 07:11 AM   #6
xj-xile
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I agree that it is not necessary. This forum is far more open to all comers than most of the other forums. The exception would be NAXJA's street & perf subsection, but that section doesn't get a lot of traffic, and I've found it to be only marginally helpful.

But I 'wouldn't mind having it around', and I, for one, would probably visit it every now & then.

The only drawback I see is, the off-roaders and stockers won't visit that forum, therefore depriving the street pounders of some good advice. Of course, if the street guys have any sense, they'll search all sections of the forum when they're looking for something...

At the very least--if we don't create a sub-forum--it might cut down on the 'can I lower it?' questions if we put some street & performance info in the FAQ, under its own heading. Dino's website, for example, and, if necessary, links to NAXJA's street & perf section, & JU's speed freaks.

2WD '96 XJ Country 4.0 auto -- 134,000 miles
and... see my photography
xj-xile is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2006, 07:57 AM   #7
russkrs

I would love to have a XJ owners GD area... Because half the threads on here are GD and it is because most people want to share them with users they "know" aka other XJ guys.... It would allow the technical area to be more technical.
Unread 04-26-2006, 08:02 AM   #8
JoJo97XJ

i dont mind cause im always plannning on more power and more lift so i like to be able to read both without having to look somewhere else

86 2 door XJ - 4 inches lift, 31 Mastercrafts, 2.5L, 5 speed, sold

89 YJ - 2.5" Rancho lift, 31" AT's, 4.2L w/ 5 speed, soft top and doors, Sold

"Nitrous is like a hot chick w/ an STD, you wanna hit it, but you'r afraid of the concequences." -tealcherokee
JoJo97XJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2006, 08:07 AM   #9
jaredakleiman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Vote for it!

It clears out the offroad section.... less junk to sort through!
Unread 04-26-2006, 08:14 AM   #10
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I agree about a general discussion XJ forum or Off-topic forum, because at times there are things I'd like to post and get some feedback on just b/c i like hearing others opinions... and it's not all XJ related. As far as the Street forum goes... i say good idea... anything to help the site out... why not give it a try
Unread 04-26-2006, 08:24 AM   #11
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW
Web Wheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russkrs
I would love to have a XJ owners GD area... Because half the threads on here are GD and it is because most people want to share them with users they "know" aka other XJ guys.... It would allow the technical area to be more technical.
Russ you don't even post on a local club website....
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2006, 09:48 AM   #12
DreamsOfMoab
1996 XJ Cherokee 

It would be great, it would have a lot of emphasis on performance, and the regulars could help people who dont know much about performance and street stuff, aka me
Colorado Jeeper #10

Made famous by:
http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274006

Feel free to resurrect that thread at any time :)
DreamsOfMoab is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2006, 10:01 AM   #13
cobra7

Then there's guys like me, who don't have the time or interest to go wheeling every weekend, but who still enjoy driving and looking at lifted XJs! I guess that makes me a hybrid of the two types of users on the forum!
cobra7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #14
kemosabee

A XJ is still a XJ with 2wd on 22" spinners...

Maybe I'm wrong though..
kemosabee is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2006, 10:08 AM   #15
WAKETEK516

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemosabee
A XJ is still a XJ with 2wd on 22" spinners...

Maybe I'm wrong though..
Yeah you're wrong JK!!

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4
Black | AW4 | NP231 | D30 | D35
Lift/Tires: 3" Lift, 30x9.5" KUMHO Road Venture MTs, Removed Rear Sway bar
Armor & Recovery: Diamond Plated Rocker Guards, C4x4 Tow Hooks, Rear hitch, Cobra CB
Engine: K&N Panel Filter, Flowmaster 40 Series DeltaFlow

Picutres, Info, and Videos:
MY XJ
WAKETEK516 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.