JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   XJ Cherokee Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/)
-   -   Sub Category for XJ section (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/sub-category-xj-section-265770/)

balloo93 04-26-2006 06:17 AM

Sub Category for XJ section

There's been some interest in the last couple of months in XJ's that are geared more to the street and not the dirt. I was PM'd with the idea of a sub category for the XJ section that would deal with these kind of applications.

I like the idea of it. There are plenty of guys that run 4wd for the ice/snow or 2wd that aren't as inetested in the lifts, but do like the tips on performance. Seems to me these guys tend to get the cold shoulder when asking questions. This would be the perfect place to address these questions without getting smack about not wheeling thier rigs.

But lets leave it up the group and not just my inout on the matter.

So the question is, do you want a Sub Category for it? I'll put the usual yes and no, but I'll throw in an extra: won't bother me either way one as well.

Maco98XJ 04-26-2006 06:36 AM

As far as the 2wd guys getting the cold shoulder, I tend to "somewhat agree" with balloo, but not completely. I think that there are 2wd and 4wd owners out there who have their vision of a perfect XJ as a show & shine truck. I do not think of my XJ as a show truck by any means, nor do I want it to be. But that doesnt mean that I should ostricize them because Im an off-road-beat-it-up kind of guy.
So I guess thats why I vote they way I did. It doesnt bother me either way. If we all read the threads and interject by listening to the concerns of the member and not by our own agendas for our XJ's, I think it still works just fine as one catagory. There are still all sorts of perfomance mods that both street trucks & ORV's can utilize.
But, if we start getting threads on how to "slam" an XJ, I guess we need the street subdivision. Because that would look pretty stupid, kinda like a Scion xB.

JrTjK 04-26-2006 06:41 AM

i don't really plan on offroading too much, but still like reading what everyone else does. i think most if not all questions i have are still answered and i can find generally after searching. if people have questions that are more geared towards regular street use, they still seem to be answered in this forum. i wouldn't object to the new section, but i don't really think it's necessary.

WAKETEK516 04-26-2006 06:46 AM

I don't mind either way... I'm the off-road type, and don't mind scratchin' & bangin up the truck on the trail, but why not try out the sub-category. I was obsessed with keeping my previous car (94 Thunderbird) immaculate at all times, so I can understand and relate to that side of the hobby.

Try it out for a month... see if it's popular.. if so.. keep it!
Can't hurt!

JeepinJerimiah 04-26-2006 06:51 AM

I say yes. Why not open a whoile new venue? It's diffrent and new but still a Jeep.

xj-xile 04-26-2006 07:11 AM

I agree that it is not necessary. This forum is far more open to all comers than most of the other forums. The exception would be NAXJA's street & perf subsection, but that section doesn't get a lot of traffic, and I've found it to be only marginally helpful.

But I 'wouldn't mind having it around', and I, for one, would probably visit it every now & then.

The only drawback I see is, the off-roaders and stockers won't visit that forum, therefore depriving the street pounders of some good advice. Of course, if the street guys have any sense, they'll search all sections of the forum when they're looking for something...

At the very least--if we don't create a sub-forum--it might cut down on the 'can I lower it?' questions if we put some street & performance info in the FAQ, under its own heading. Dino's website, for example, and, if necessary, links to NAXJA's street & perf section, & JU's speed freaks.

russkrs 04-26-2006 07:57 AM

I would love to have a XJ owners GD area... Because half the threads on here are GD and it is because most people want to share them with users they "know" aka other XJ guys.... It would allow the technical area to be more technical.

JoJo97XJ 04-26-2006 08:02 AM

i dont mind cause im always plannning on more power and more lift so i like to be able to read both without having to look somewhere else

jaredakleiman 04-26-2006 08:07 AM

Vote for it!

It clears out the offroad section.... less junk to sort through!:thumbsup:

matt62485 04-26-2006 08:14 AM

I agree about a general discussion XJ forum or Off-topic forum, because at times there are things I'd like to post and get some feedback on just b/c i like hearing others opinions... and it's not all XJ related. As far as the Street forum goes... i say good idea... anything to help the site out... why not give it a try :thumbsup:

LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW 04-26-2006 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russkrs
I would love to have a XJ owners GD area... Because half the threads on here are GD and it is because most people want to share them with users they "know" aka other XJ guys.... It would allow the technical area to be more technical.

Russ you don't even post on a local club website.... http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/Pi...ticons/cry.gif

DreamsOfMoab 04-26-2006 09:48 AM

It would be great, it would have a lot of emphasis on performance, and the regulars could help people who dont know much about performance and street stuff, aka me

cobra7 04-26-2006 10:01 AM

Then there's guys like me, who don't have the time or interest to go wheeling every weekend, but who still enjoy driving and looking at lifted XJs! I guess that makes me a hybrid of the two types of users on the forum!

kemosabee 04-26-2006 10:02 AM

A XJ is still a XJ with 2wd on 22" spinners...

Maybe I'm wrong though..

WAKETEK516 04-26-2006 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemosabee
A XJ is still a XJ with 2wd on 22" spinners...

Maybe I'm wrong though..

Yeah you're wrong:laugh: JK!!:rofl: :thumbsup: :p

The time now is 01:49 PM.