Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Stupid EBrake

510 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MSHarnett 
#1 ·
So I got the console pulled. There is two bolts I missed. One is under the shift boot. U just need a flat head to pry the boot up. And then one under the 4x4 shifter. You can reach under the console next to it and feel around. There should be a tab you should press and it should pop out. So now I have the problem of the brake cable. The brake cable didn't snap. It is the part where the cable connects to the handle. That piece bent out letting the cable pull back in. Now I can't pull the cable out far enough to clip it back on to the lever. Any ideas? If I can't get this fixed my self I guess I will be taking it to the local 4wheel shop. It shouldn't cost much since I have done almost all the work.

#3 ·
Same shist happened to me, it was a PITA. This is what I did. Loosened the rear brakes and disconnected the cable from underneath. From inside, pulled in the cable and sat it in the bent clip. Use a big pair of vise grips and squeezed the hell out of the clip. It was just enough to hold the cable in, worked perfectly. I reconnected the cable and adjusted for slack. Hope this helps :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.