Stripped steering box - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Stripped steering box

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 05-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
clab0603
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Stripped steering box

Hi I have 96 XJ sport! So I bought nice bumper and went to put it on jeep. Broke all three bolts going into steering box and got them out. Then ordered new steering box spacer. When I went to put all the stuff on I stripped the internal threads of the steering box. Does anyone have any suggestions to mounting this back up!

clab0603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clab0603 View Post
Hi I have 96 XJ sport! So I bought nice bumper and went to put it on jeep. Broke all three bolts going into steering box and got them out. Then ordered new steering box spacer. When I went to put all the stuff on I stripped the internal threads of the steering box. Does anyone have any suggestions to mounting this back up!
Helicoils.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.