Strange behavior of radiator - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Strange behavior of radiator

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Strange behavior of radiator

I've searched this forum high and low and I am stumped. Last week my 98 XJ sport started doing the 210-260 switching back and forth temperature thing which I figured out was an air pocket. After inspection I found a puddle if my radiator fluid under my intake so I replaced the lower radiator hose, ran done water through my radiator and washed out a bunch of brown crap, then re filled it with fluid, let the bubbles run out and I figured it was good. The only problem is it spits out coolant now when I stop sometimes. It hasn't overheated since, so I'm kinda at a loss.

- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Where dos it spit coolant from ?

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim
Where dos it spit coolant from ?
Best I can tell its that little spicket/nipple thing by the cap. (I forgot to mention I replaced the cap when I replaced that leaky hose)
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.