Stock front fender flare fell off how to keep it on? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Stock front fender flare fell off how to keep it on?

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-29-2007, 05:56 AM   #1
bkeast17

Stock front fender flare fell off how to keep it on?

So my girlfriends 99 XJ had the front passenger fender flare start to come loose from the part towards the door. I decided to remove it and took all the bolts out which all snapped. So now I drilled all the welded studs out so I could reattach with 1/4in bolts and new nuts. Ok so now Jeeps cheap way of attaching the flares with the 2 metal brackets that sit over the little plastic nubs on the fender flare is just great. 2 off the nubs are worn down a little so this is why I believe the flare started to fall off in the first place. has anybody attached the flares in a different manner then when the 2 metal brackets? I saw one jeep when I did a search on google but he put bolts from the outside of the flare, I know she will not want to see bolts on the flare like that. I was thinking some type of L bracket or something.

Thanks a lot.

bkeast17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
hunter3838

Loosen the bolts that hold the fender flare brackets on from the inside of the fender, then slide the fender flare on, then retighten the bolts.

Hunter
hunter3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2007, 03:07 PM   #3
PESteele
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i put a bolt through the very front of the flare down through the endcap and then one screw through the flare. Doesnt look bad but it coulda been done better. Only advantage is it lets the flare give if the tire hits it.
Red 1999 Cherokee sport: RE SF 3.5" kit w/ 1" shackle and spacer, RE HD trackbar and bracket, Cragar soft 8's w/ 32" maxxis Bighorns, Aj super rock rails, JCR offroad Stage 2 bumper w/ loop, flowmaster super 40, Hidden hitch.
PESteele is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.