Stock 1999 Cherokee Moab Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Stock 1999 Cherokee Moab Question

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
lnelson232
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Stock 1999 Cherokee Moab Question

Hi guys, I'm a new Cherokee xj owner and I have a small question about the 17" Wrangler Moab rims. I found a set for a really good price and im thinking of picking them up with a set of 5x5 to 5x4.5 bolt pattern adapters for them to fit on my 1999 xj. But I have one problem, I need to get new tires and I know I can't go too big because of rubbing problems, would any of you know about a great all terrain tire of good cost efficiency that I could put on these rims that would fit great and leave just enough room for there to be no rubbing? I can't afford a lift at this time and I don't want the rough ride of a budget lift. please help!

lnelson232 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
keepishop
1989 XJ Cherokee 

30" in diameter is about the biggest you can go with an acceptable amount of rub.

Current: Black 89 limited, dakota bastard pack, zj coils, 1.5" lift, open cooling swap, bronco 2 carrier, rad fan switch
Rest in Pieces: Red 1990 cherokee dana30/8.25 - v8 zj coils & s10 bastard pack 2.5" lift - 31x10.5r15 tires - v8 zj tierod

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentjeep View Post
Bleed or Quit.
jf irc @ irc.freenode.net #jeepforum
keepishop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cherokee , moab , tires , wheels , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.