Stock 1999 Cherokee Moab Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Stock 1999 Cherokee Moab Question

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
lnelson232
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Stock 1999 Cherokee Moab Question

Hi guys, I'm a new Cherokee xj owner and I have a small question about the 17" Wrangler Moab rims. I found a set for a really good price and im thinking of picking them up with a set of 5x5 to 5x4.5 bolt pattern adapters for them to fit on my 1999 xj. But I have one problem, I need to get new tires and I know I can't go too big because of rubbing problems, would any of you know about a great all terrain tire of good cost efficiency that I could put on these rims that would fit great and leave just enough room for there to be no rubbing? I can't afford a lift at this time and I don't want the rough ride of a budget lift. please help!

lnelson232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 10:08 PM   #2
keepishop
1989 XJ Cherokee 

30" in diameter is about the biggest you can go with an acceptable amount of rub.

Current: Black 89 limited, dakota bastard pack, zj coils, 1.5" lift, open cooling swap, bronco 2 carrier, rad fan switch
Rest in Pieces: Red 1990 cherokee dana30/8.25 - v8 zj coils & s10 bastard pack 2.5" lift - 31x10.5r15 tires - v8 zj tierod

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentjeep View Post
Bleed or Quit.
jf irc @ irc.freenode.net #jeepforum
keepishop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee , moab , tires , wheels , xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.