Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

still a daily driver?

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  homerscj7 
#1 ·
ok..
ive got a rough country 3" lift, its sagging alittle, im gonna put 1.5" coil spacers and 2" blocks in. BPE's, track bar bracket and longer brake lines. and of couse an alignment. Will it still be able to go on the highway for 30 mins at a time with out much trouble? will i do significant damage without a slip yoke eliminator becasue it will only be sitting at about 4-4.25" higher than stock and i have a transfercase drop on. Think i should be allrite? do i need more componets than what i listed?

Those running 4.5" lifts, any of them daily drivers? any without SYE's??

#3 ·
i too have 35's and its my daily driver... i stay off the freeway as much as possible.. but when i do need to take the freeway i have absolutely no problems.

#4 ·
I went with the RE 3.5 Super Ride which gave me over 5" in rear and 4" in the front. Tomorrow morning I am adding the 1.75" Coil spacers up front to level it.

I did the 1" TC Lowering kit and 4* Shims and I do NOT have any problems with vibes. I drive it EVERYWHERE! Small minor vibe at 25-35 but barely noticeable!

BUT - I too am going to do the SYE / CV DS later just to be safe !

#6 ·
check out my buddy's daily driver...dedication :laugh:

Its got 35s no sye, about 5.5-6" lift, chopped no doors, cracked windshield (his head, he doesn't remember what happened) no grill, bent steering wheel (from the same incident) I sorta answered your question, I put it in your thread more for a laugh tho

#7 ·
shmoken875 said:
check out my buddy's daily driver...dedication :laugh:

Its got 35s no sye, about 5.5-6" lift, chopped no doors, cracked windshield (his head, he doesn't remember what happened) no grill, bent steering wheel (from the same incident) I sorta answered your question, I put it in your thread more for a laugh tho
Now thats a turd.

#8 ·
BlueMonster said:
I went with the RE 3.5 Super Ride which gave me over 5" in rear and 4" in the front. Tomorrow morning I am adding the 1.75" Coil spacers up front to level it.

I did the 1" TC Lowering kit and 4* Shims and I do NOT have any problems with vibes. I drive it EVERYWHERE! Small minor vibe at 25-35 but barely noticeable!

BUT - I too am going to do the SYE / CV DS later just to be safe !
Do shims really help? if so where do i get them and how do i install them?

#9 ·
4x4life said:
Do shims really help? if so where do i get them and how do i install them?
All shims do is correct an incorrect pinion angle. You will notice the biggest difference with a t-case drop for reducing vibes. I am running S10 leaf packs in the rear and a 4 inch in the front on my daily driver with out a SYE. I have a 1 inch t-case drop and minimal vibes, although when I swap my rearend I will most likely pull a leaf to soften the ride a little bit.

hick

#11 ·
I used to have a '90 XJ w/ 5" lift, 33" Swampers, hacked up fenders and a big ole pre-runner bumper as a daily driver. I'd like to use the '88 I have now but my wife and I carpool and she doesn't like it :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.