post #1 of Old 02-10-2011, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
PNWClimb
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Steering resistance after wheeling

So the XJ's stock for now and I've been roughing it up on the trails around here, and when I get back on the road I'll get some noise and resistance when turning. It's a similar feeling as when you turn with the 4hi on the road. Normally it'll work itself out in a few days time. Am I getting some driveline binding? Thanks

KE7RVG
Climb rocks and routes
post #2 of Old 02-10-2011, 10:44 PM
xGArfx
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'd say its probably mud around the steering components and such. Always flush out the joints with a grease gun after wheeling to push out all the water/mud. It could actually be something else tho, whats the condition of your balljoints, u joints, and wheel bearings?
post #3 of Old 02-11-2011, 02:40 AM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Either your Transfer Case is not fully disengaging or your axle shaft u-joints are binding and probably need to be replaced. In 2wd there should be no drive line binding.

A recent Gallup public opinion poll shows the NRA, at 58% approval, has a higher approval rating than either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ...

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.