It starts again..... - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 48 Old 10-04-2016, 12:50 PM
Timo_90xj
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Location: Helsinki, Finland - on the European side of the Atlantic
You're gonna love the WJ brakes & steering Get the steering angles right, and there's no need for a steering stabilizer. I've run my ZJ without an SS for the past five years after the WJ brake & knuckle swap. Not even the slightest hint of DW - ever

That's actually a pretty damn genious idea on the trackbar mount to get the TB as long as possible with OTK steering.
Any clearance issues? I'm guessing the C- gusset mount is a double shear (C's gusseted on both sides?)

As for swaybar endlink mounts, you can just about see them on my ZJ here.. it should be pretty much the same on an XJ. I've pushed my axle slightly forward, and the coil plates are centered over the axle tube.

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 LX daily driver, 1.75" BB, 32" KM2s, HPD30 Eaton e-locker/D44a stock LSD, 4.56 gears, custom- fabbed tube bumpers and tube fenders,...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 XJ Limited (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, ***rolled and totalled @ 165k miles***

***Under construction***
1990 XJ (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, PBR 42" tires, Unimog 404 portal axles, 110" WB, full cage + uniframe completely rebuilt, front 3-link + panhard / double triangulated 4-link rear,... ***SOLD***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 48 Old 10-05-2016, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

MrBlaine came up with the track bar mount and team NAXJA used it on their KOH rig. I can't vouch for how they ride, but I do have a couple of buddy's that have used it on their rigs, both are very picky about the way the set their rigs up, and both are very happy with how they perform, both on and off road.
Not double shear, just one 3/4" bolt, about 8" long(iirc), with 1/4" wall tube. Only about 3/4" of the bolt hangs out of the tube, and the shear strength required to snap that bolt would have to be ridiculous, I'm sure I will have MANY other parts break before that bolt will.

96 XJ:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
***** inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
post #48 of 48 Old 04-20-2017, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Update: I'm not going to do the brake upgrade on the XJ, I'm wrapping up the loose ends and enstalling the last few parts I have sitting on the shelfs getting it ready to sell. The drive for my new job brought about the need for a new daily driver that I bought back in December(2017 Subaru Outback), and I have barely driven the XJ since then.
l've gotten quite an education in performance vehicles, and was raised stout hot rods and classic cars, and I'm finally getting to a point in my life I want to build something with some power, serious looks, and possibly take to the track. I've been looking very hard at Factory Five Racing, something in the 33 Hot Rod flavor.

Anyway I'm going to make a big push this summer to work on the Jeep and finish up the more pressing items on the todo list, so here's what's happened so far:
Welded up the lower control arms, ended up getting an aluminum upper control arm that seems to be just about the right length, but I'm going to see what it looks like once I get the front end aligned.
Arms are in, but still have a little bit of the body side control arm mounts to cut away and paint. I'll try and get some better pictures once I get the rest of the brackets cut out and everything painted up.

Next on the agenda is to takle the drivers side floor pan and duplicate the seat mounts I did on the passenger side. I might go ahead and pull the OME add-a-leaf and install the JKS shackles, since all I have left is to get the rear floor pan and shackle relocation brackets, and I'll be tackling that at the same time. Finally, I'll get around to that Dirt Bound DIY rear bumper I've had sitting in the corner.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0848.jpg   IMG_0853.jpg   IMG_0854.jpg  

96 XJ:

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
***** inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.