It starts again..... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 48 Old 03-09-2014, 07:45 AM
DNFJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

lmao

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 48 Old 03-09-2014, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I made an educated guesstimate on what length shocks I'm gonna need, maybe I get them right, if I don't then at least it have something to go off of(need 1" longer/shorter extended/collapsed). Also decided to pick up a set of the IRO front bar pin eliminators, I have always loved that design, and have a severe hatred for bar pins, since I've had a few break on me, win-win. Got a tracking number on the SYE, scheduled for delivery Wednesday, I may try and instal it Friday night after work. Went ahead and ordered the Synergy track bar yesterday, hopefully it will show up by Saturday, but I could probably get away without it till Tuesday/Wednesday before I get into trouble with not having transportation, but since Dave over at Poly said they have 4 in stock, I seriously doubt I'll have any issues.
Speaking of Saturday and deadlines, I had a conversation with the owner of one of the shops that we take care of, and was able to work out a deal that I will be able to use one of his lifts. The down side is I can only use it on the weekend, so I'm not tying up any business, so we are going to do it this weekend, and I have to work, till 10pm Saturday, and Sunday afternoon. So we are going to get off work and go tear into it for an all-nighter. Thus the reason I think I'll do the transfer case Friday night when I get off of work at 10, I can kind of prepare with a pre-all-nighter, and sleep in as late as I can Saturday morning before I have to go into work.
Oh and....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

96 XJ:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
***** inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
post #18 of 48 Old 03-16-2014, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

After getting off a 10 hour shift at work I got the jeep on the lift around 10:30 last night, it finally rolled out on its new shoes at about 9:30 this morning. Just enough time to get home and take a shower, grab some food, and turn around and go back to work for another 8 hour shift.
I still have some work to wrap up, and I will update that later, for now here is this, now I'm going to bed.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

96 XJ:

Quote:
***** inches...

post #19 of 48 Old 03-17-2014, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, here's the break down of the instal now that I have had sleep.

Primarily:
I need to do a good solid alignment, preferably not after being up for 36 hours
I still need to instal the SYE and get a driveshaft
Replace a few bolts that weren't quite right(lower control arm bolts that were about 1/2" too short for my comfort, rear upper shock bolts that were the wrong diameter)
I need to pull a few things apart to paint since the shop we were asked not to use any aerosol as they were painting a car in the morning
I may need to clearance the front skid a little for the steering
Longer sway bar links/disconnects

Secondarily:
I need to get shackle relocation brackets, my shackles are vertical, almost inverted
Time to start on the fiberglass, I'll start with the front first
Gears are a must, 4.10 at a minimum, probably 4.88
WJ disc brake swap is highly likely
My floorboards are a lot worse than I expected, it created a few issues when I was doing the Poly leaf spring brackets, luckily my frame rails are great, the floorboards were nothing I couldn't work around with the welder. I'm going to step up the rocker sliders so I can finish tying in the brackets. I'll also be able to tie in the long arm brackets

Other things on the list of things to do before the wheeling trip:
I need to pull the rear bumper and get the JCR nut strips out, several of the nuts are apparently cross threaded, I'll fix them and mount my gas tank skid and hitch
A buddy has a Mopar front tow hook and bracket, I want it in on the jeep for the trip

96 XJ:

Quote:
***** inches...
post #20 of 48 Old 03-18-2014, 04:04 AM
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I went with 4.56 for my 33x10.50's...
Happy enough with it (perfectly fine on flat roads, can't decide between OD and "3" on a 7% uphill grade), but I think I'd go 4.88 if I had the money burning a hole in my pocket.
post #21 of 48 Old 03-18-2014, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAe23 View Post
I went with 4.56 for my 33x10.50's...
Happy enough with it (perfectly fine on flat roads, can't decide between OD and "3" on a 7% uphill grade), but I think I'd go 4.88 if I had the money burning a hole in my pocket.
The way I figure it, if I ever decide to put 35"s on it I would be happier that I went with 4.88s.

96 XJ:

Quote:
***** inches...
post #22 of 48 Old 03-25-2014, 07:56 AM
DNFJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Definitely not helping my 2 door envy, looks good.

'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
post #23 of 48 Old 03-25-2014, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well I had a feeling that 4" lift, 33" tires, and no extended bump stops would lead to cut tires and bent fenders so I did some trimming to the fronts, took it to the outer edge of the fender flares, luckily the flares had left a nice line in the paint to follow.

This evening after work we went to work on the rear

I'm loving the look, but I need to go back and clean up a little overspray. I didn't have any masking tape handy, and didn't want to leave any bare metal, not a big deal, I'll probably fix it in the morning.

96 XJ:

Quote:
***** inches...
post #24 of 48 Old 03-29-2014, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Despite hating mud, and not particularly wanting to get into rocks, I ended up in both today =/

Kept the wheels clean and that's the important part!

Springs feel really good, better shocks/bump stops/long arms would make it complete, all of which will be addressed soon.

96 XJ:

Quote:
***** inches...
post #25 of 48 Old 05-05-2014, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Newest purchases, PolyPerformance long arm brackets and the PureJeep crossmember, modified to fit.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

96 XJ:

Quote:
***** inches...
post #26 of 48 Old 05-06-2014, 12:05 AM
miceanic
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I've been looking into long arms for the last four months trying to find the best setup for myself. This is perfect, you get a 4-link with a detachable cross member. Please take lots of pics when you install it as I would love to see. Great job with the jeep.
post #27 of 48 Old 05-29-2014, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Finally got the time to put the new front end, and fiberglass fenders on.

96 XJ:

Quote:
***** inches...
post #28 of 48 Old 05-29-2014, 11:49 PM
Timo_90xj
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Location: Helsinki, Finland - on the European side of the Atlantic
..and now you jsut need to make the rear look the same

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 LX daily driver, 1.75" BB, 32" KM2s, HPD30 Eaton e-locker/D44a stock LSD, 4.56 gears, custom- fabbed tube bumpers and tube fenders,...

1990 XJ Limited (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, ***rolled and totalled @ 165k miles***

***Under construction***
1990 XJ (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, PBR 42" tires, Unimog 404 portal axles, 110" WB, full cage + uniframe completely rebuilt, front 3-link + panhard / double triangulated 4-link rear,... ***SOLD***
post #29 of 48 Old 07-20-2014, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo_90xj View Post
..and now you jsut need to make the rear look the same
I do have fiberglass quarters, just going to take a lot more work to make happen, I'll be starting on getting them mounted up about October, until then (most)all funds are being diverted to spending money for the cruise for our "first anniversary/belated honeymoon/congratulations on graduating(my wife, not me), trip".

96 XJ:

Quote:
***** inches...
post #30 of 48 Old 07-20-2014, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

A few updates: So after some experimenting with some paints at work, because I'm OCD and had a certain color in my head, I kept screwing with the paint until I started to get closer to the color I was looking for, but I would not be able to recreate the formula, and because I'm OCD, I wanted a color I could easily recreate. After a couple of "failed" attempts(including a gallon of a really cool looking color that I could not recreate) I decided to start over and try a slightly different formula: 2 parts Brilliant Silver, 1 part Jet Black, 1 part Champagne Gold Metallic. I've got just shy of $50 in the gallon, including the can(employee discount helps).

I'm trying to duplicate this, I think I got it pretty damned close, especially for using quarts to mix it.

I would use the spray paint, but it sucks trying to spray large panels, and get uniform coverage, hell it was a pain in the *** to paint the valve cover I used as a test piece.

I'll also be mixing up a second gallon that is a little lighter for a two tone job that I think is going to be pretty trick. The second gallon will be 2 parts Brilliant Silver, 1 part Champagne Gold Metallic, 1 part Mineral Grey Metallic, just a little lighter I think, but just about right.

96 XJ:

Quote:
***** inches...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.