Squeaking when turning at slow speeds - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Squeaking when turning at slow speeds

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
SaretteJeep

Squeaking when turning at slow speeds

I have a 98 XJ and i have an annoying problem and don't know what's causing this squeaking noise to occur when I'm turning out of my driveway and stuff like that. Anyone else have this problem?

SaretteJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
94TwoDoor
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Possibly bad U-joints on the front axles, they only flex close to their max when you have the wheels turned a lot, and the wheels are only turned a lot when you're moving slow.
94TwoDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
skyway0018746
2000 XJ Cherokee 

u-joint , took me a week to figure out the noise . check to see if they have play.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.