Speaker Sizes? 2000 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Speaker Sizes? 2000

FrEaKy FrIdAy SaLe!!!!NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 07-07-2007, 09:47 PM   #1
jeepsurfgirls

Speaker Sizes? 2000

Hey
I got a 2000 Cherokee and instead of me poping off the door panels. I felt it would be easier to ask. I was wondering what size speakers do i have. Also anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

"Im not jeepin unless i break something"
jeepsurfgirls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
_Cody_
1993 XJ Cherokee 

not sure if its the same as mine, but i think you might have a (2) 3.5" in the lower dash, and 5 1/4's in the doors/rear...might be wrong tho... just trying to help

and recommendations?
if you have money, Focal...the best thing i have ever heard, over mcintosh and others.
for low end, JL or memphis...kicker isnt bad either.

otherwise for mids and highs, Diamond Audio is great, along with memphis.
pioneer, kicker, RF, and a few others arent bad for the money.
_Cody_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2007, 09:58 PM   #3
jeepsurfgirls

yeah that sounds like my 91 except for the dash ones.. ( didn't have)
but wondeirng if anyone can confirm this would also be the same size for 97+ ones

"Im not jeepin unless i break something"
jeepsurfgirls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2007, 10:00 PM   #4
jeepinsane89
2000 XJ Cherokee 

if its speakers and not subs, rockford is always good
2000 XJ Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0 with 4.5" Rough Country Lift Kit with Front coil springs, front lower control arms, transfer case drop kit, front track bar drop bracket, swaybar links, brake line relocating brackets, 4 RC Hydro 8000 series shocks, and rear add-a-leafs, RC's Steering Stabilizer, 32" inch BF Goodrich All-Terrains, Cragar Soft 8's 15x8 rim, Flowmaster Super 40 Series Muffler with new 2.5" tubing all around, Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip, Set of Hella 500 Driving lights (on bumper), K & N Air Intake.
jeepinsane89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #5
CKUPQ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsurfgirls
Hey
I got a 2000 Cherokee and instead of me poping off the door panels. I felt it would be easier to ask. I was wondering what size speakers do i have. Also anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks
Pop off one of your back speaker covers, it took me 5 seconds to pop one off and 10 minutes to take off a door panel. At the very least you'll get an idea of what you got becuase they should be the same.
CKUPQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #6
dudeinajp
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsurfgirls
Hey

Thanks
I have 6.5" all the way around. You have to watch the mounting depth on the front door speakers. 1 13/16" top mount depth, I believe.

CRUTCHFIELD
dudeinajp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2007, 10:51 PM   #7
CKUPQ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I really wish when I had my 99 open I would have measured my openings. I did the same thing and put 6.5 pioneers in it, However I originally bought 5.25's and found out that some brands are too small.

Some pics that may help ya, these are the stock 5.25's

Both of these are 5.25's
CKUPQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2007, 10:54 PM   #8
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

I put 5.25s in the rear. They are Polks and have tweeters built into the speakers. They are pretty slick.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2007, 11:24 PM   #9
SB6114
1987 MJ Comanche 

i just recently put infinity components in the front and two-ways in the back, all are 6.5", stock the jeep comes with 5.25". if you are going to go with something component in the front i definately recommend mounting the tweeter in that little triangle on the door up by the side mirror. also, if you want descent sound out of the back, even with good speakers you will have to do a little reinforcing behind the headliner. I was able to accomplish this simply by buying a can of "great stuff", its a foam that comes in a can, you spray it out around the inside of the hole behind the headliner in the back and it will expand out and dry hard as a rock. you can cut it when it dries and maybe drill some portholes if you want. this more than doubled the bass out of the back because it kept my headliner from shaking so much, which kept my dome light from rattling. hope this helps!!! good luck!!!
SB6114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2007, 07:05 AM   #10
dudeinajp
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB6114
i just recently put infinity components in the front and two-ways in the back, all are 6.5", stock the jeep comes with 5.25". if you are going to go with something component in the front i definately recommend mounting the tweeter in that little triangle on the door up by the side mirror. also, if you want descent sound out of the back, even with good speakers you will have to do a little reinforcing behind the headliner. I was able to accomplish this simply by buying a can of "great stuff", its a foam that comes in a can, you spray it out around the inside of the hole behind the headliner in the back and it will expand out and dry hard as a rock. you can cut it when it dries and maybe drill some portholes if you want. this more than doubled the bass out of the back because it kept my headliner from shaking so much, which kept my dome light from rattling. hope this helps!!! good luck!!!
I just used some poly fill from the crafts dept. at wally-world. It's cheaper and far less messy.
dudeinajp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2007, 08:36 AM   #11
XJ2000
2000 XJ Cherokee 

SB is right, the stock measurements for the 2000 XJ are 5.25's all around. I'm also doing components in the front with the same setup as SB, using Polk Audio speakers front and back. They sound awesome.

Trail Rig: 2000 XJ w/ 4.5" RE SF, Locked XJ D44 Rear, Locked D30, and a bunch of other things

Pavement Pounder: 2001 XJ Daily Driver, 2" BB, 245/70R16 AT's on Moabs
XJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2007, 08:12 PM   #12
monty1320
2000 XJ Cherokee 

pop off a rear grille and measure. Crutchfield said my 2000 4dr had 5.25" all the way around. They were actually 6.5" So now I have 2 sets of Sony Xplode 5.25" 3-ways sitting in the garage, and nothing to put them in.
BTW I ended up getting the Infinity 6.5" -- good sound but not much bass. But, that's where the S12L7 kicker comes in.
Skid Row gas tank skid, Hidden Hitch, front tow hooks, Dual electric fans, No cat, no rear sway bar, JKS quicker disconnects, Tranny cooler, Hella H4 conversions with 90/130W bulbs, Hella 500FF lights (55W hid conversions), kicker S12L7 sub in cubby hole.
monty1320 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2007, 12:39 PM   #13
worstplayer66

6.5"s will fit all around, you could put 5.25"s in the back but not in the front. I bout some 6.5" 4 way sony xplods from walmart for $50 and they sound great and will fit perfect in the front or back.

*edit - just wanted to add that I have a 2000 xj and I didn't have to drill any holes to install my 6.5's

Last edited by worstplayer66; 08-17-2007 at 02:41 PM..
worstplayer66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2007, 02:03 PM   #14
GRDCHRKE555
1999 XJ Cherokee 

so wait... if 6.5'' speakers work ina 99 rather than 5.25's ... tiny.. ill just take my inifinitys out of my wj... definately not stock infinity's tho. is there any cuttting to fit the bigger speaker or does it just slide right in. and fro some reason the connections on my front speakers.. the stock ones.. are terrible! the driver side doesnt even work and the passenger side goes in and out depending on the size of the bumps in the road. and btw.. the drivers side doesnt work period. tried the passenger side speaker in it and same thing.
4.5" (~6'') RC lift w/ full leafs, RE 1.25" Shackles, Bilstein 5125's, IRO Custom HI-Clearance LA's,JKS quicker discos, C4x4 Front Hooks, TW's SYE/CV DS, FLO-PRO cat-back, and some 32'' x 11.50" Maxxis Bighorns
GRDCHRKE555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2007, 02:30 PM   #15
Cody_00_XJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRDCHRKE555
so wait... if 6.5'' speakers work ina 99 rather than 5.25's ... tiny.. ill just take my inifinitys out of my wj... definately not stock infinity's tho. is there any cuttting to fit the bigger speaker or does it just slide right in. and fro some reason the connections on my front speakers.. the stock ones.. are terrible! the driver side doesnt even work and the passenger side goes in and out depending on the size of the bumps in the road. and btw.. the drivers side doesnt work period. tried the passenger side speaker in it and same thing.
the drivers side wont work because their is a shot in the wire someplace between the speaker and the kick panel, i hav the same problem. i would make it a priority to run new speaker wire anyways if putting in new aftermarket speakers. and yes, 6.5's will for the most part "slide right in", as the only modification needed will be to screw new hole in, assuming that the speaker is not too deep. my infinity reference 6.5's fit in no problem in the front. im not sure for rear speakers though as i am only running 5.25's, but i have heard other say that they fit in without any issues
Cody_00_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.