And so the stroker begins! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > And so the stroker begins!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 11-03-2002, 05:51 PM   #1
hjeepxj

And so the stroker begins!

I just picked up a free 258 today! i also have an extra 4.0!

i just needed to share my excitement!

i have the following planned:

northernautoparts.com engine kit with every thing maxed out (felpro, melling, .060 overbore pistons)

258 crank

crane cams torquer cam

ported/polished head with 2.02/1.60 valves, highpo every thing

ported intake manifold

bored tb

borla header, 21/4" downpipe, highflow cat, no muffler

high performance ignition, intake, ecu, etc

IM EXCITED!!!!!!

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

"Im okay, im alright, just might get a little high tonight, im okay, im alright, CARRY ON!"

-Pat Green
hjeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2002, 08:05 PM   #2
Cowthief

Thats nice to hear bro hope all goes well I tried putting those blue lights on the inside and all the numbers you gave me were for an older version. I had the boxes open and everything so i attempted to put blue gel caps over them which work as blue but i can't find a way for the caps to stay on...tried small peices of velcro but it wont stick. Anyone know light sizes for a 98 cherokee?
Dual 1 inch tweeters,
Pioneer 6.5 indash dvd/cd/mp3 player
6.5 tv's in headrest
Altezza tail lights, 760W Pioneer amp,
1,500 watt JBL amp
20 inch Edge Crystal Concepts
[url]hometown.aol.com/cowthief/[/url]
Cowthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2002, 08:27 AM   #3
hjeepxj

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowthief
Thats nice to hear bro hope all goes well I tried putting those blue lights on the inside and all the numbers you gave me were for an older version. I had the boxes open and everything so i attempted to put blue gel caps over them which work as blue but i can't find a way for the caps to stay on...tried small peices of velcro but it wont stick. Anyone know light sizes for a 98 cherokee?
thanks for the encouragment

dam, i wondered a little about that...thats weird though, the gelcaps will melt to the bulb if you leave the light on long enough for it to get hot

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

"Im okay, im alright, just might get a little high tonight, im okay, im alright, CARRY ON!"

-Pat Green
Unread 11-04-2002, 11:03 AM   #4
XJBill

hey thats cool, i got a free 258 running better than the one in my car is (pacer). i pulled it out with the tranny and now its in my garage waiting to be totally done up, hopefully my pacer will be a sleeper with a bored out i6
XJBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2002, 12:12 PM   #5
hjeepxj

Re: 258

Quote:
Originally posted by XJBill
hey thats cool, i got a free 258 running better than the one in my car is (pacer). i pulled it out with the tranny and now its in my garage waiting to be totally done up, hopefully my pacer will be a sleeper with a bored out i6
sounds cool, you should post it with progress

why are 258s always free? i guess they just dont know the potential, and they also dont know that it strokes a 4.0 out to 4.5 litres, and LOTS of 4.0 guys want them

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

-Pat Green
Unread 11-04-2002, 01:50 PM   #6
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

I'll probubly get slamed for this, but.... The 258 was a dog. Good torque, poor excelleration, poor usable HP! Not to mentioned, all the ones I've seen have been carberated.

If anybody has an extra 258 crank laying around and will be swing by Austin Texas, let me know! I'm always willing to help someone make room in their garage! Lol.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2002, 02:43 PM   #7
cladinshadow

Dyno that sucker before it goes into a rig!! i wanna see some numbers! Good luck!

"Oh, thank god. It's some sort of rescue toaster."
cladinshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2002, 03:51 PM   #8
hjeepxj

Quote:
Originally posted by balloo93
I'll probubly get slamed for this, but.... The 258 was a dog. Good torque, poor excelleration, poor usable HP! Not to mentioned, all the ones I've seen have been carberated.

If anybody has an extra 258 crank laying around and will be swing by Austin Texas, let me know! I'm always willing to help someone make room in their garage! Lol.
i think over on pbb (becareful, lol) there is a guy giveing two away

youre right, but lots of 4.0 stuff can be adapted to the 4.2

Quote:
Originally posted by cladinshadow
Dyno that sucker before it goes into a rig!! i wanna see some numbers! Good luck!
thanks man! i will!

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

-Pat Green
Unread 11-08-2002, 01:47 PM   #9
hjeepxj

btt

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

-Pat Green

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.