So I just did Seam Foam, and no smoke came out WTF!?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > So I just did Seam Foam, and no smoke came out WTF!?!

Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREEThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 11-09-2004, 04:00 PM   #1
Atl-atl

So I just did Seam Foam, and no smoke came out WTF!?!

All it did was make my engine bog when I put it in, and turn on my check engine light because of the bogging. No smoke though! I want to smoke out my parking lot!!! what the hell???

Unread 11-09-2004, 04:41 PM   #2
Greggor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl-atl
All it did was make my engine bog when I put it in, and turn on my check engine light because of the bogging. No smoke though! I want to smoke out my parking lot!!! what the hell???
lol.....probably a good thing....your motors probably real clean and doesn't have much carbon buildup. Perhaps in time you'll get the smoke
Unread 11-09-2004, 04:43 PM   #3
Regen
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I would be happy that no smoke came out, when i did seafoam to my XJ I didnt get much smoke
99 XJ Sport, NP242, Rusty 3" AAL, Rusty Air Tube & K&N Filter, 31" BFG MTs15x10, Black Unique Rims, XM Satellite Radio, Rocklizard Fab Gila Monster Guards, Rocklizard Fab Rock Monitor Bumper, JKS Discos, Flowmaster 50
Regen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2004, 04:53 PM   #4
Fiber Effects

k

I would think that Seafoam would smoke in any engine,,That is if the seafoam has any oil in it

my xj got to smoke out an Advanced stores parking lot beside a hiway it was ok But I drive two stroke street bikes allso ,,h2 kawasaki

the way I did the foam was to poor half a bottle slowly down the brake booster hose and when i got near to half the can beging gone, I killed the engine by poring it in fast and I let the engine sit for what is it?????/10 to 15 minutes then started it and gased it a few times ...

But yes smoke is allways fun

1989 CHEROKEE LOREDO 4X4 2 door.. 3"bb
1996 s/10 blazer rear springs,,,grand front coils 1 3/4" spacers,(half "=1/2"} tcase washer drop,...4 gauge alt.wire.,,3" warm air intake ,,,Around 31" yocohamas ..16" aluminium chrome wheels,,1996 boster upgrade,sythetic diffs,,,closed to open GDI radiator upgrade,,,remote start and door locks,,
..,smiles
Fiber Effects is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2004, 07:08 PM   #5
andromeda
2000 XJ Cherokee 

no smoke out of my 2000 XJ either but like Regen said i think its a good thing.
andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2004, 07:19 PM   #6
Soul

I didnt get any either, What kinda gas do you guys use??
I almost always use chevron, and the first 70 or so thousand miles were using philips 66 gas. So, first half of my jeeps life was on philips, second half has been on chevron..and no real smoke. I wonder if there is any connection?

87 Wagoneer Limited woody! |6. 4.5" R.E. with 32x11.50's on 3.75bs rockcrawler wheels. D44 in the rear.
Soul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2004, 07:36 PM   #7
XJ99
Draft Line

2006 XK Commander 

Yea I didn't jack smoke either. I guess it's good.....
Unread 11-09-2004, 07:47 PM   #8
tekeum
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Smoked out everyone down wind for a half a block. people came down to see if something was wrong.

2003 Rubicon
tekeum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2004, 07:48 PM   #9
andromeda
2000 XJ Cherokee 

76, 91 octane mostly. had the car since new so i figured anything bad happens its my fault, or good for that matter.
andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2004, 09:50 AM   #10
Timmy.o.tool
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have used ATF to clean my YJ before just poored it slowly down the carb.... that makes a nice smoke show. You can also steam clean your engine with water that makes all kinds of smoke and steam... thats a dragster trick to slowly squirt small amounts of water into the intake... kinda nerve racking but it works.
Unread 11-10-2004, 12:36 PM   #11
jfw432

Yeah the water works too. So does using diesel for motor oil for a few minutes. The problem with both is that there is more room for error. I stalled my motor twice with seafoam because my hand wasn't steady enuogh to trickle it in and poured too much. Pour too much water and you'll have a serious problem on your hands.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.