So the electric fan works... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > So the electric fan works...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
D0dgeRam1500
2006 KJ Liberty 

So the electric fan works...

Today I finally had time to work on the Jeep. I hooked the electric fan directly to the battery and it works but it won't kick on when the A/C is on or when the Jeep starts to run hot (well hotter than a Jeep should). So which sensor do I need to replace? Or is it a wire? Or is it a bad thermostat?

Unread 11-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
JKM3134
1983 CJ7 

there is a sensor in the radiator just below one of the transmission cooler lines.
the harness connector is on the front driverside fenderwell in front of the air cleaner.

but i think the fan should turn on with the ac even without this sensor operating correctly.

you may have another problem. is there a fan relay?
JKM3134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
tangofox007
Web Wheeler

I would suggest that the fan relay is the prime suspect.
tangofox007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4x4 , cherokee , jeep , limited , xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.