snorkel 4.0 motor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > snorkel 4.0 motor

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-20-2013, 12:52 AM   #1
MS_Xj

snorkel 4.0 motor

What all have y'all used for making a custom snorkel for yalls xj's? I've seen flex pipe and PVC but what size is the best for airflow? Also where should I relocate the ecm?

MS_Xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
austin6137
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

Not being rude here but search its been covered alot, but me personally I used a cheap eBay knock off. My computer is under the dash so I dont plan to sink it that far lol.
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
JPCherokee
2000 XJ Cherokee 

If you want to look into alternatives to a snorkel a lot of guys run their intakes in the cowl (under the vents between the hood and windshield). check out http://http://ericsxj.com it is under tech write-ups. this will eliminate a silly pvc snorkel and raise the height of your intake. Good luck with whichever route you end up going!
JPCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Not only should you search because repeat threads are tiresome, you should search because you'll get WAY more different versions/ideas/methods through a search than will ever respond to this thread.

New sig rules suck.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
holysirsalad
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post
Not only should you search because repeat threads are tiresome, you should search because you'll get WAY more different versions/ideas/methods through a search than will ever respond to this thread.
Yes. There are writeups on this very subject!
holysirsalad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_Xj View Post
[snip]
Also where should I relocate the ecm?
What year is your Jeep? (Fill out your profile or provide details in your posts!)
Unless you are thinking of moving it a distance within the constraints of the wiring harness, are you really prepared for a massive re-wiring job?
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #7
cdn_xj
I've returned to the fold

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin6137 View Post
Not being rude here but search its been covered alot, but me personally I used a cheap eBay knock off. My computer is under the dash so I dont plan to sink it that far lol.
What? you mean someone else has asked this question before?

INSTALLED:
5.5" home brew lift (BB + JKS ACOS/bastard packs + 1.5" Boomerang Shackles) | RE DBs + Adjustable UCAs & LCAs | JKS BPEs & Quicker Discos | Kevin's Offroad Trackbar | 33x10.50-15 BFG ATs | 15x7 Type 058 Eagle Alloys | RuffStuff Specialties HD Diff Covers | AA SYE | Modified Tom Woods driveshaft | LeBaron hood vents | Redline Hood Lift | B&M Tranny cooler | Reese Class III Receiver | 62mm bored TB | Borla Cat-Back Exhaust | C4x4 Fab Rear bumper & tire carrier | ORO Licence Plate relocation Kit | Kelley's WIP HD wiring upgrade | ZJ rear disc brakes | Stainless Brake lines | ARB front Bullbar | Orvis Edition Rear Spoiler

TO BE INSTALLED:
JKS Mini Skids | Rock Lizard Corner Guards | AEV/Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid | TnT Customs Unibody Stiffeners, HD Belly Pan & U-Bolt Eliminators

PLANNED:
ARB Roof Rack | Warn 9000lbs Winch | Warn Manual Hub Upgrade | Rock lights | 231 Wide Chain Kit, 2Lo, 4:1 | Brown Dog Motor Mounts | Snorkel | Dual Batteries | OBA
cdn_xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #8
Jeep_Tech
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i used a drainage pipe from lowes and 3 rolls of duck tape. and about half a roll of bailing wire..............It works great with my 2x4 lift kit
Jeep_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.