snorkel 4.0 motor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > snorkel 4.0 motor

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
MS_Xj

snorkel 4.0 motor

What all have y'all used for making a custom snorkel for yalls xj's? I've seen flex pipe and PVC but what size is the best for airflow? Also where should I relocate the ecm?

MS_Xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #2
austin6137
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Not being rude here but search its been covered alot, but me personally I used a cheap eBay knock off. My computer is under the dash so I dont plan to sink it that far lol.
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
JPCherokee
2000 XJ Cherokee 

If you want to look into alternatives to a snorkel a lot of guys run their intakes in the cowl (under the vents between the hood and windshield). check out http://http://ericsxj.com it is under tech write-ups. this will eliminate a silly pvc snorkel and raise the height of your intake. Good luck with whichever route you end up going!
JPCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Not only should you search because repeat threads are tiresome, you should search because you'll get WAY more different versions/ideas/methods through a search than will ever respond to this thread.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
holysirsalad
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post
Not only should you search because repeat threads are tiresome, you should search because you'll get WAY more different versions/ideas/methods through a search than will ever respond to this thread.
Yes. There are writeups on this very subject!
holysirsalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_Xj View Post
[snip]
Also where should I relocate the ecm?
What year is your Jeep? (Fill out your profile or provide details in your posts!)
Unless you are thinking of moving it a distance within the constraints of the wiring harness, are you really prepared for a massive re-wiring job?
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #7
cdn_xj
I've returned to the fold

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin6137 View Post
Not being rude here but search its been covered alot, but me personally I used a cheap eBay knock off. My computer is under the dash so I dont plan to sink it that far lol.
What? you mean someone else has asked this question before?

INSTALLED:
5.5" home brew lift (BB + JKS ACOS/bastard packs + 1.5" Boomerang Shackles) | RE DBs + Adjustable UCAs & LCAs | JKS BPEs & Quicker Discos | Kevin's Offroad Trackbar | 33x10.50-15 BFG ATs | 15x7 Type 058 Eagle Alloys | RuffStuff Specialties HD Diff Covers | AA SYE | Modified Tom Woods driveshaft | LeBaron hood vents | Redline Hood Lift | B&M Tranny cooler | Reese Class III Receiver | 62mm bored TB | Borla Cat-Back Exhaust | C4x4 Fab Rear bumper & tire carrier | ORO Licence Plate relocation Kit | Kelley's WIP HD wiring upgrade | ZJ rear disc brakes | Stainless Brake lines | ARB front Bullbar | Orvis Edition Rear Spoiler

TO BE INSTALLED:
JKS Mini Skids | Rock Lizard Corner Guards | AEV/Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid | TnT Customs Unibody Stiffeners, HD Belly Pan & U-Bolt Eliminators

PLANNED:
ARB Roof Rack | Warn 9000lbs Winch | Warn Manual Hub Upgrade | Rock lights | 231 Wide Chain Kit, 2Lo, 4:1 | Brown Dog Motor Mounts | Snorkel | Dual Batteries | OBA
cdn_xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
Jeep_Tech
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i used a drainage pipe from lowes and 3 rolls of duck tape. and about half a roll of bailing wire..............It works great with my 2x4 lift kit
Jeep_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.